Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #1

Hi Bird 250 Enduro

Have received, assembled, & preped my first China bike (a Hi Bird 250 Enduro) and want to share my experiences.

Bike was purchased from Tim at V Bike in Oklahoma. Great dealer; very friendly, organized and responsible. Bike arrived undamaged in a timely manner and included the necessary documents for registration (I hope). There were no missing parts.

Quibbles which surfaced during assembly:

The chain is two links too short. With the wheel in the forwardmost position chain play (without rider) was about 10mm. Added one link and one master link to correct the problem. Plan to remove these extra parts after chain has stretched a bit.

Turn signal switch fell apart during first test ride. (The screw in the control lever backed out and the lever separated from the switch). I replaced the screw with a longer version and added a nut and lock washer. Problem should not return.

The horn was inoperative. Turned the adjustment screw out about 1/16 turn and all is well.

The owner's manual is for the 200GY and not the 250GY. Doesn't really matter though because the manual is not very good. There is no reference to the oil capacity in either the manual or on the engine. Had to measure the oil drained from the engine to determine capacity.

All of my quibbles are really petty and insignificant. None would have prevented me from making the purchase.

In summary I am quite pleased with the dealer and the bike. Both have so far exceeded my expectations. I am looking forward to hours of enjoyment with both the bike and the China Riders forum.