Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2007, 09:32 PM   #1

Assembly ok except for this last, mystery bolt....

Hi All,
New and excited owner of AL150GY. My first bike to learn to ride on.
Put it together and it starts, runs, stalls, drives around the backyard, throws riders - she's a fiesty red-headed wench - still haven't coordinated clutch, braking, throttle, balance, momentum - hellofalotof physics and control going on all at once but it sure is fun. Already broke the mirror. Lesson #23 - leave the damn mirrors, lights and blinkers off till you know how to drive! hehehe. :twisted:

My pops still wonders why it came without an assembly manual! :?
Regardless, front wheel, axle, speedo cluster, handlebar, throttle, wiring in multiple orders and assemblies, check, A OK.
Lube the speedo gear and cable you say - how?
8O

Back wheel, chain, adjusters( Dad, will you hurry up?! This damn bike is heavier than I am and it is hard holding up the bike by the back rack! Obviously the axle bolt is going to have to come back out if we want the chain to go on the sprocket! You can't do that cause you don't know how? Figure it out and hurry up cause this bike is getting heavy!!),
battery ( yes Dad, my little trickle charger should be able to charge the battery - at least I hope so cause it is all we have),
kickstand spring (ouch! double ouch !! and triple ouch!!! Ok, there has to be another way (screwdriver, hammer, pliers) cause my hand is starting to hurt. Oh yeah dad? How much if I manage to just pull it onto the stub? Free bike, huh?).
Even got cocky and went for the carb adjustment by rising the needle and adjusting the air idle screw(?) on the side. :twisted:
But how do you get in to adjust the front whatchamacallit adj. screw for the famous 2.5 turns out from fully closed? What ? I have to pull the whole damn carb out?!?! There ain't no cable pull for the seat on this damn finely engineered legacy machine from Chairman Mao.
Welding classes obviously weren't part of the communist revolution and subsequent "liberation".

So, the only thing I couldn't figure out is this leftover mystery bolt and by my standards, that aint too bad since I only been near, or on a motorcycle once in my life.
I have a pic but don't know how to load it here. 13 or 15mm bolt x 25 mm long (or 1 inch of you prefer) with washer and drilled for cotter pin with slotted nut for cotter pin and of course, a cotter pin? Has 8.8 stamped on bolthead. Any clues anyone??? How can I load a pic on here?
Right mouse click copy and paste doesn't work for me. I know without a pic, this may be silly, but there was only one in the bolt bags so it has to be unique.

Thx for the help and salute to my fellow AZ riders!