Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #1

I have an engine problem

Ok Zongophyles or Zongoligest's,

Just started hearing a noise in what seems to be the right side engine case, since I have only had the 9 months and less than 5,000 Km I took it to the dealer in anticipation of warranty work. following is an email I just sent to the dealer in preparing for work on it come Monday.

any ideas of what I may want to look up between now and Monday?

MSS Cycle Trading
Delgado St., Iloilo City

CC: Eastworld Motor Industries Corp.
307 3rd St., 10th Ave., Brgy 108
Kal00kan City

RE: Xplorer Z250R, Motorcycle
Engine No: ZS177MM5F300076
Chassis No: LZSJDNLC2F5200609

Attention Shiela,

As you know I left my bike at your shop on Friday March 4th to have it inspected for a noise that has developed in what seems to be the right side engine case area. Romar you mechanic said to me it sounds like the clutch rubber plate is loose. He made reference to having to replace the rivets and having the work done at a machine shop.

This sound developed or became aware to me on March 3rd on my ride home from the city, this being the first time since February 20th that I have ridden the bike. I had stopped to talk with my friend and my automotive mechanic Fermin, since I was riding the bike and had my helmet on I could not hear the noise. Ferman said "that doesn't sound good". I asked what he meant and he said the sound is like a main bearing is bad, maybe the crank. I rode home maybe a 200 meters and asked my Brother-in-Law to listen, he is also a trained engine mechanic and he also said main bearing or maybe a piston pin. He said it's not valve with a "tic-tic" sound but a "tok - tok" kind of sound. Neither of these two trained mechanic's indicated a clutch related possibility.

I have not opened the clutch assembly on this bike but from my past experience I am not aware of any "rubber" mounting assembly in a clutch assembly, now I might be wrong but this doesn't sound right to me. I'm also not aware of any rivets that would be removed by a machine shop in this assembly either.

What concerns me is Romar's thought process here. This is still a new motorcycle and is covered under warranty for any defective parts. I would not accept a machine shop cut and patch approach to repair of any defective manufacturer parts and insist on replacement with original manufacture parts under warranty. The bike has less than 5,000 Km on it. This noise became much more pronounced on my ride to your shop on Friday. Romar had told me to ride back home and return on Monday but as I told him and you I did not feel comfortable making that additional 42 Km round trip and was concerned about possibly incurring more damage and thus I left the bike in your custody.

I am concerned with Romar's lack of knowledge concerning the Zongshen RX3 and the NC250 engine. I like Romar, he's a nice young man but lacks the professional knowledge to do proper and professional repair on this model bike. I have first hand past experience with him in this matter and have commented on it in earlier verbal and written communication with you and Motorstar about it.

I was told by Randy your local head mechanic after the carb repair and replacement that he spent two weeks in Manila being trained in respect to this model bike and engine. I would feel much more comfortable having Randy do an inspection and repair or replacement of parts in relation to the possible manufacturer defects. There is something wrong with the engine, there should not a sound like this and there should not be any loose components in the engine.

I want to be present when the process of taking components off and inspection of such is started. Keep in mind that I live in Tigbauan, 21 Km from the city and it can take me an hour travel time to get to your shop location. Romar had indicated that he would start the process on Monday at 9:00 AM but again I'm not comfortable with his ability. Please respond as soon as possible as to the action and time and as to whom will be doing the work so I can be present.

I am doing much research into this issue as possible on the internet and hope to be more informed by Monday.

Thank you in advance for time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Robin Haywood
www.medicalmissionmatters.org