Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #1

New GA Member

Thanks for having me here everyone!

I ride a 2009 Tmec enduro that I am currently doing a 100% overhaul on. I picked the bike up from a 17 year old kid only to find out how... "challenging" this project would be. Through countless hours of reading everything you all have shared, this project is finally showing light at the end of the tunnel! I've attached a few rough pictures of the bike that I had available from the week I bought it so everyone can check it out. I'll attach more as time passes and it finally is back together. I also have pictures saved of several different issues and resolutions I've encountered along the way too, if they come in handy for anybody!

The bike is a 2009 Tmec w/2000 miles on it. It is equipped with the street package. It came with about a 50/50 ratio of scrap parts and functional pieces that somehow were keeping it alive. The broken, worn, or missing things were/are:
Speedometer needle, front brake lever, counter sprocket cover, 1 exhaust stud (cracked the cylinder head when the previous owner tried to extract it), exhaust gasket, exhaust clamp at mid-pipe, rear brakes (entire system was rigged and ruined in the process), turn signal lenses melted, mirrors, air box, intake pipe, carb was clogged and severely mis-tuned... I am certain that there is so much more I've intentionally tried to forget by now that I have not mentioned lol.

The game plan I'm following is to replace everything that is missing, broken, or in need of some aftermarket spunk.

I really appreciate all the knowledge everyone here has shared. I look forward to being part of the forum and sharing some of what I know too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike1.jpg (93.5 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg bike2.jpg (92.6 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg bike3.jpg (93.6 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg bike4.jpg (92.5 KB, 180 views)

Tags
mechanics, newbie, problems, rebuild, tmec-200