Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #1

Break in period...

Havent seen a whole lot of info on the forum about what other guys are experiencing for a break in period. Some vague info but nothing absolute as to how the RX3 does from mile 1 to mile 1000. Might be motor terminology in general which I am unfamiliar with but since this is my first new motorcycle I am really curious at how long the period has been for everyone else and what their experiences or observations are. I am at 400 on the odo did the first oil change at 200 and will probably do another at 500. I've noticed the motor still breaking in and feeling just a little bit peppier every time I take it out. When does/did this usually stop happening or improving for everyone else? The brakes have gotten as good as they will get (I think) but I'm about to put on some EBC pads tonight sans retaining spring. Also curious what methods other guys used to break in motor and with what success. My buddy bought an RX3 after riding mine and has about 40 miles so far on it. Only thing I avoided doing was droning on the freeway at 8k for long periods of time but besides that I just rode it like I normally would and let it have some cool down periods and increased the miles each time I rode. He so far is not letting it get above 5k which seems a little extreme but I really just dont know. Any insights/experiences/observations helpful...