Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2015, 05:48 AM   #1

More Luggage Options

There is already a great thread on the JC Whitney Garage Pro topcase, which at about $40 including shipping is the value leader for a removable topcase that can accommodate a full face helmet. Its also easy to mount the included base plate on the stock RX3 rear rack.

But I noticed this blurb on the new Hepco and Becker Orbit 52 liter topcase, and have decided to try it out.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/09/2...-product-line/

Although much more expensive (total cost should be about $270 for the case and mounting plate including shipping), I am interested because of the larger volume and I expect higher quality compared to Garage Pro. With cold weather coming, it would be nice to have a case large enough to fit my winter riding gear.

For some odd reason, US distributor Moto Machines charges more shipping if you order the case and the mounting plate at the same time, versus ordering the two bits separately. So I have just ordered the mounting plate first to see how well it fits on the RX3 stock rack. If for some reason it doesn't work, should be easy to ship back for a refund.

I'll post results once I get the plate.