Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #1

Thumbs Down Hawk 250 yet to take flight...

BLACK HAWK DOWN PLEASE HELP
Hello to all riders of the dual sport community. This is my first post in china riders which i joined after reading many threads and wanting to be a part of this brotherhood. Let me start off with a little about me then well get down to business. Growing up in rural westchester ny there is not much to offer but if you drive an hour in any direction you have everything at the tips of your fingers. I struggled to find happiness and my niche as a teenager, running around lost having many various run ins with the law of all sorts of types but I can now say i think that period of my life is over and I have finally found some peace and hapiness in riding. There is no feeling like the one of starting up your bike after looking forward to it when you get out of work or fixing a problem with it. The endless joy and hapiness i get from this hobby is incredible just going up and down my street 100 times never gets boring. I started with a klx125L two years ago for my first bike. Something i could pick up riding basics quickly on and also beat the crap out of. I learned to wheelie stoppie clutch control and all the basics except for matinence! My friend who taught me how to ride is very cheap and only likes to take care of things when problems arise instead of prevention like me.

ANYWAYS enough about my personal life lets get down to business. I sold my klx this summer in hopes of saving up for a new dual sport because anyone in suburban nys can tell you its not friendly for riders out here. I saw the hawk 250 with its dual disc breaks and all black powdercoated engine all with a 1500$ price tag and i was sold! It is pretty much a street-legalized 230cc honda dirt bike clone with dual hydrualic breaks and hydrualic clutch. It also has estart with a kick back up which i love as everyone knows kicks are reliable and always a good back up if the battery fails instead of a push start. Now after i assembled the bike i quickly expierienced a problem with the breaks. I am a noob at assemblying bikes so please bear with me. I went to pump the front break just to see if it was responsive and on the second or third pump it locked up and and air rushing out or air compressing sound happened. Now the clutch nor front brake are responsive and i cant start the bike. I have read info about bleeding breaks and clutches that trap moisture in the fluid and i think this is what i need to do but i am worried that the air sound means there is a leak in the system or lines and i dont want to go through all the work bleeding myself if it needs a more serious fix as i work alot and dont have good storage or workplace for my hawk. So my question for my chinariders bretheren is weather you have had a similar expierience or know any possiblities of the air hissing sound upon lock up and what to do from this point. This bike will be my main form of transportation as i have no other and i need to get it street ready before winter strikes! Any help or advice is appreciated.

-mr. blackhawkdown

Last edited by blackhawkdown; 08-27-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Tags
brakes, dualsport, hawk, hydrualics, starting