Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
The only real complaint and or question re bikes quality perception was the notchy shifting and reluctance to find neutral from first when stopped at a light etc.
This was mentioned in only one or two of the ride reports, and only the first one's I think.

Can you comment on whether this was due to the low mileage on the motorcycles when they were tested? Did the notchiness/hesitation get better or go away with some miles and use over time?
A while ago I was able to test ride the blue bike in a parking lot. While neutral did take a little bit to find, it wasn't in any way bad. Hopefully as they wear in it will get better. Regarding shifting in general, it definitely isn't quite as smooth as my crf250l, but it was also much nicer than my friends cb400. I also never had a false shift on it.

And on the note of false neutrals, I had a 1988 Honda VTR250 that always wanted to go into a false neutral between 4-5th and 5-6th. I figured out pretty quickly that all you had to do to fix it was to shift a bit more firmly, and when I switched to Rotella t6 5-40 (probably the best oil I've ever used in my bikes) the problem went away completely.

That bike also had a hard to find neutral that was solved by the synthetic oil.

I'm absolutely sure the RX3 is going to be good.