Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 AM   #1

Run off road by Yukon = broken collarbone :(

Was waiting to turn left in an intersection's left turn light controlled by a red/green arrow. Two lanes both go left, and a Yukon pulls up (I was in the outer left-only lane lane since once I turn left, my street comes up 2 blocks and I turn right). We get the green left arrow, and nearly complete the turn, and suddenly Yukon comes into view from my face mask and closing --she decided the inside lane wasn't good enough, drifts across the dotted lines and she strikes me, throws me off balance while guiding me to the curb; before I can figure out brakes (and since I was off-balance could not reach either one) said Yukon keeps narrowing gap between Yukon and curb, where me and bike finally decide/realize momentum will toss us onto curb--which, as if on cue, we do! I roll onto cement sidewalk, then dirt/gravel lot, where I am looking at TMEC on its side with gasoline leaking out of cap. I sit up to see if anything besides scrapes and bruises have come over me. A sharp, yet familiar pain, is really hurting my right shoulder (I broke my left clavicle when I was 13).

Next thing I knew, firefighters are there (they happened to be at the intersection!) An accident investigator pulls up, asking me questions, and the firefighters put a neck brace on me, and put me on a back board. An ambulance is there, and before I can say "ambulance chasing commercial" I am at Yuma's hospital. Oh, and just to show that a small city can have small town charm, the fire captain on the scene rolled the TMEC the two blocks to my house rather than having it towed! He told my son what had happened (he and the others saw it happen) who tracked down my wife.

Spent several hours, and x-rays confirmed what I thought was the matter--broken clavicle :(
Came home, and in too much pain to look at bike. Will update soon...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard