Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2007, 01:01 PM   #1

New 07 American Lifan GY-5

I recently purchased my bike from Ardo Motorsports in Sheboygan Wisconsin ($1636 Tax Title and license). It was nice to try the bike in person before buying. It was worth the extra $236 over the average shipped internet price. The bike was assembled with a warrenty. I did have a problem with the CDI right away, but Travis (the Owner) sent me a new CDI and coil for no charge right away.

After researching on the internet I half expected a small problem right away anyhow. But I bought it because of the price and curiosity, and I am very happy with my purchase. It is fun to tinker with these bikes.
I tidied up the wiring and found that one pin in the cdi harness was not pushed all the way into the harness itself. This is what was causing it to not run. I found the loose pin the third time I checked all the harnesses.

Either way, I now have an extra CDI and Coil. If You live near Sheboygan Wisconsin, I recommend Ardo Motorsport (920-207-7610), good service and the best price I could find (non-internet/drop ship).