Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #1

I'm Baaaaaaaack! with questions

Hell All! After lengthy absence and all sorts of life adventures, I'm back, with a renewed passion for getting my little Zong running. It's been garaged for about a year, and I've managed to acquire and install some new goodies, but I still have a long way to go.

I installed a new genuine Mikuni 30mm carb, but of course the stock air box doesn't fit. I would think a clamp on cone style air filter would be sufficient for street riding, but I'm worried about mud and puddles while trail riding. Right now I'm thinking about just modifying the factory box to accept the new carb. Thoughts?

I'm also still on the hunt for the proper length clutch cable. I have bought 3 so far that were either too short or too long. Does anyone know of a place that sells custom length clutch cables?

I'm going to replace all of the lights on the bike, and I have already sourced all of those, but the one issue that still vexes me is the wiring on this thing. I bought a key-matched gas cap and ignition switch set because I never had the original keys for the bike. After installing them, I found that the electric starter will work weather the key is on, off, or even out of the ignition alltogether. None of the lights or horn work and I have no spark. I plan to replace all the lights, but before I buy an ignition coil and CDI that I may not need, I want to make sure it's wired right - I also don't want to fry new components. Where do I start? does anyone know of a wiring diagram for these bikes?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!

Be Dragonized!