Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #1

CT clones

Since I am not real up on who makes what in the world of Chinese motorcycles/mopeds/scooters, I would like to ask a question. I am hoping to buy a new, either, a Honda CT-70 clone, or a new TMEC or Bashon dual sport. Te TMEC ans Bashon are both, I believe 200cc powered. The TMEC, is, I'm pretty sure, more expensive, but I have heard good things about dealing with Wade Liu, as far as parts go. Since I live on the big island of Hawaii, there is no way I will get a chance to look at any of these in person.
Now, on to the CT clones. There is Skyteam, and there is SSR (and maybe others?). Skyteam had told me last year in an email, that they were dropping the CT clone. And, checking their US website, that bike seems to be gone. MY first question is, is SSR still makinh their CT clones, or had they been made by the folks that made the Skyteam CT clones? If Skyteam made the clones for SSR, then is that source going to dry up also?
Since I am 60 years old, I figure an SSR CT clone 125cc would actually work for me. I am not going to be doing any really rough, fast, off road riding. No jumps, wheelies, racing, extreme hill climbing, etc. The bike would be used to putt around the huge development I live in, which is HUGE, and has quite a few gravel roads. I would also use it to run into Hilo Hawaii and back. This is a 25 mile round trip. It's partly on a highway with speeds of 50-55. But, if that's a asking too much, we have large, full lane size, shoulders. These can be used by pedestrians, bicyclists, mopeds and scooters. One can putt along at 30-40 mph with no hassles. And, finally, I would use it to explore some pretty rough dirt and gravel roads in the area. Some of these roads can get me to Hilo in a pinch, if the main highway route is clogged or closed. These roads would be rough for a standard car, but any dual sport, or a CT clone, shouldn't have a problem.
I wouldn't think that the Chinese makers would drop all the CT clone bikes, as it seems like there is a decent market for these bikes and parts for them.

I can get a Bashon 200 delivered to my house for $1360. I have a quote coming on a TMEC 200 also. A CT is probably about what the Bashon costs.

Also, if anyone has experience with the SSR clone bike, I'd like to hear what you have to say. I've heard pretty good things about the TMEC. Not much about the Bashon 200.