Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #1

800 mile weekend on the Gold Wing. Pics to come

The weather has been so nice that I could not stand it. I arranged 2 days off of work (between jobs) and hooked up with Ron for a nice two day vacation.

We rode the Columbia River Gorge to Portland. He on his Harley, me on my Wing.

While in Portland I rode another Enfield. I am starting to like those bikes very much. I rode it to the top of a tall hill outside of Portland and got some pics of it with Mt. Hood in the background. It was 97 degrees in Portland! Amazing. I think this was the first chance EVER I have benefited personally from Global Warming. It was about time!

From there we cut southwest across the coastal range to the beach. We stayed in Lincoln City. I went running on the beach and looking at tidepools. We had a nice dinner and met some nice people.

The next day Ron headed home, and I headed south to Newport and then across the coastal range, Willamette Valley and the Cascade Mountains to Bend. From there I went north to Biggs, and then home along the Columbia. I counted nine volcanos I saw that day.

On the interstate, twisty back roads up to and higher than the snow line in the Cascades, and all the back roads the Wing performed flawlessly.

It was a nice couple of days.