Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #1

2007 Lifan vs American Lifan?

Hey... I bought a LF200GY5 (so I think) about a month ago and have been having some issues with the dealer that I purchased it from along with issues with the bike straight out of the box. Long story short (for now), can someone explain what the difference between Lifan (which is what I think I got) and American Lifan?

I called the American Lifan dealer in Texas and gave them my VIN and also noted that I have rear disc brakes. They told me that it was not an American Lifan bike (based on the VIN) and that the bike could not possibly have the "New Counter shaft Balance" because of the rear disk brakes (supposedly the new 07 with the counter shaft has rear drum brakes). Is there a way to confirm that I have a counter shaft balance by visually inspecting the bike? I know the bike has a push-rod motor as I have already attempted a valve adjustment to alleviate the hot motor clicking.

My bike has a sticker which states that it was manufactured in April, 2007... this is going to sound stupid, but is it still possible that I do not have the new 2007 design?

Any info would be much appreciated... and sorry if this is a very vague post (I'm just trying to figure out what exactly I have).

Thanks,
Ben