Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #1

New face, New Diamo 200LS!

Well... new to me,

This is my first post here. I have been creeping for several days though. Yesterday I purchased a 2005 Diamo 200LS. I will post some pictures of it here. Overall I feel the bike is very clean but it does need a few things. I have several questions if you guys would be able to help answer them it would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched the forum but have been unable to determine what makes GY2 and GY5 bikes different.. I assume this Diamo is a GY2 as the body kit looks like other bikes that I have seen identified as GY2.

Furthermore, I see the "zong's" are generally accepted to be some of the higher quality 200cc enduro chinabikes. Where does Diamo rate amongst these if you will? Is the engine a Lifan engine? Is it the OHC variety? Anything in general I should know about the Diamo brand? Is it junk?

Before my ride today I changed the oil in the bike and tightened the bolts I could see- all of which were tight. I put 50 miles in today between 55mph routes and 5mph creeping on no winter maintenance roads. The Diamo didn't miss a beat and I am happy with my purchase thus far.

Pictures as promised: