Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #1

Bought a 110, need help with no spark & brake bleed.

A couple of weeks ago I went to buy a 110 Kazuma pit bike for $250. When I got there the guy threw in a helmet & a 110 ATV for free. Not sure on brand, but it looks like maybe a Taotao, Sunl, or Coolster. According to the guy, it's a 2006 model that he bought new for his daughter & it never got rode. It has sat in the weather for 6 years untouched & fading. First thing I did was tear everything apart for a clean up. Cleaned carb, found a crack in tank, changed oil, bought new brake master cylinder, repainted everything, & am at the point of firing it up.

It struggled to turn over for a second & then spun over just fine, but I'm getting no spark at all. I have a Roketa 90 that I borrowed the CDI from & still not getting spark. This one has some weird remote to kill power & I am wondering if maybe this is the culprit? The remote batteries are long dead so I was wanting to just bypass it all together. Anyone have any ideas?

Also how do you bleed the brakes on these? I had to buy a new master cylinder/brake lever because the old one had dry rotted. I filled it up & opened the bleeder out back, but not getting fluid to come through at all even trying to pump the brake like you would a car. I guess I'm clueless on this one too.

Third & least important question; do all of these suffer from flat tire syndrome? Every small Chinese ATV I have bought has had at least one tire that wouldn't hold air for more than a couple of hours.