Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #1

Would have happend sooner or later, just wish it was later

Another rider at work says to me, "you should park over on the other side where I park. There's shade over there 'til 12pm". I figure cool, I'll keep it out of the sun as much as possible. Well, today I parked over there for the first time. The receptionist paged me later and said I should go out to my bike. Boy did I get a sinking feeling. I was scared to even go look at it. I had pictures in my head of bent rims, bent bars, and cracked plastic. One of the ladies I work with had backed into my parking space and hit my new 3 week old bike. Luck would have it the only thing I could find wrong was the bar end of the rubber grip was marred up a little and a little scratch on the footpeg. Had I locked the steering lock with the bars turned to the left rather than the right It could have been worse. I think the front fender could have hit the pavement and had a bent front wheel instead of just rolling off the kickstand. I'll have to test that theory as to which way will cause the least damage if it ever happens again. Lesson learned....park on the sidwalk.