Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1

UM 200 Renegade

I recently bought a 'new' 2006 United Motors 198cc cruiser style bike. According to the dealer, it was still in the crate. So I had to go back the next day to pick it up. They said that they test drove it; it had 0.2 miles on the odometer.

My inicial impression was 'this bike looks awesome'. The only annoying thing at first was the break-in period. Now I have 1,100 miles on it and it's had 2 oil changes. I've been able to get about 100mpg (US) riding at 35-45mph. And about 75-80mpg riding at 50-60mph. I am very satisfied with these numbers. I use it as my daily driver, about 60 miles per day. I live in Puerto Rico which is a tropical island w/high heat, high humidity, and lots of hills. So the engine is not goig to be used in optimal conditions, but we'll see how long it lasts. I am using Motul 4T 10/40 oil, and have adjusted the valve clearance (as per owner's manual specs). I hope to get at least 50,000 miles out of the engine (hopefully not too optimistic), with oil changes every 1,000-1,200 miles.

So far, it runs great. My only annoyance is with the barely adequate headlight. Also, the seat gets uncomfortable after about 15-20 miles, but I guess that's the same with most bike's stock seats. I'll keep you posted of any updates as I rack on the miles.