Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #1

SW England to Scotland continued...

So as some of you may have seen in the ride suggestions section I was planning a trip from my home in Devon to Scotland..or as far north as I could manage on a 125cc anyway. Due to the engine size in the UK we're restricted to the use of A & B roads only, so no motorways. I'm only taking it slowly as the whole idea was to stop and see places/people on the way.

So far I've made it to Bristol to see a friend, followed by Cheltenham and now I'm currently in Leeds with my girlfriend who is studying at the university here. The reason I've not got any further is that it's been lashing down for the past two days solid, hasn't stopped once!! Not such a big issue as I now get to stay in a nice house with decent food and of course my girlfriend But as soon as the weather clears up a little I'll try and make a mad dash toward Scotland possibly via the lake district.

The Lexmoto has held up brilliantly so far, a little under powered on the larger A roads but as I said I'm in no hurry and it's mainly dual carriageways so people are free to overtake and I'm not causing hold-ups. The rear plastics that have been taking the weight of the panniers have bent very slightly and when I hit a large bump it touches the exhaust so has melted very very slightly. Doesn't look bad at all and is a minuscule amount of damage so not bothered about that.

I am taking a few pictures as I go so I'll upload them all when I get back home. So for now it's pretty boring sadly!

Hope everyone is well.
Toby