Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #1

San Juan Islands tour. Airplane and Linda

Well it is a ride report, just not on a motorcycle. I'll post pictures because it was a beautiful ride and I thought you all would enjoy. This applies especially to our friends in the BC/Vancouver Island area as the terrain will be very familiar to them.

We did not go into Canada (a small hassle in an airplane and we didn't have time) but we were within 7 miles of Victoria, BC. Sill in US airspace though :wink: .

North Cascades National Park in Northwest Washington. We are at 9,500 feet. These rocky mountains look sharp! 8O

Linda in Friday Harbor.

A lavender field on San Juan Island. Lots of bees but I don't think they would bite as long as you don't bother them too much. Smelled froo-froo. :roll:

Cattle Point Lighthouse on the south end of the island.

California poppies everywhere. Indeed the islands are covered in wildflowers.

The 50cc Kymco scooter we rented to tour the island. We rode it about 60 miles. The island is quite hilly. We saw a top speed of 36 downhill, and a minimum speed of 11 climbing. WOT all the time. It was a 2 stroke with oil injection and we got about 90 MPG. It had a soft seat, good storage, was smooth and quiet. Awesome brakes.

There you go! A Chinabike Ride Report after all! :P

A Orca whale watching beach on the south end of the island. Linda saaw two but I missed out.

A red fox. Beautiful animal.

Linda tried this Tomos moped but did not feel safe to ride it safely so we changed to the 2 seat scooter. :P

Even the airport was covered in wildflowers. SO nice they matched my plane! 8)

Linda with one of our little folding bikes I carried in the plane for ground transportation. The are ALSO Chinese so another Ride Report! :P

This is in Port Townsend. We rode those bikes about 15 miles which is quite a bit on the hills. She hated me a little... :wink:

On the ferry Kennewick form Port Townsend to Coupeville.

Linda was the one who got this ferry named after our town. :wink: