Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #1

Lianmei Industrial Co. LM125DB motocross

Just bought a 2012 LM125DB from Abibaba in Toronto. It's made by Lianmei Industrial.

I bought this for my 12 year old Son to ride. Nice looking machine, but my first comment about this machine is the quality control is rather dubious, LM claims "ISO 9001:2008 standards" for QC, HAH !.

I'll be posting pics and mods/repairs to this bike as time goes on.

We just put it together today. Started no problem and ran OK, but we had to bump up the idle speed for it to idle OK.

Now the problems I have noticed / had in the first hour:

- tiny clip in the spark plug boot to hold it tight to the plug came out but it still works, I'll have to replace it with something better.

- fuel was leaking out the carb overflow and air filter after the first 5 mins of running. Might be some dirt will have to pull and check

- back wheel alignment is way off

- the upper rear shock mount is welded off center causing the suspension spring to rub, it's off by almost a 1/4 of an inch !

My son just rides for fun and really likes the ride and the power, if you want to do some serious riding, pass on this and get a brand name... I was thinking of getting a 250cc chinese bike for myself, but not sure I'll bother considering the amount of TLC these things need. I like fixing stuff but my time is just too limited to deal with more than one of these !.

At some point, we will strip down the bike and I'll cut off that shock mount and weld on a new one and add some gussets to the frame and swing arm.
Not surprised we had these issues considering the price. we paid the price listed on the abibaba website.