Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #1

CBR 125

Well since I've gotten rid of my Kawasaki, and can't trust my CL farther than I can throw it... Combined with me replacing my Sunfire with a gas guzzling Jimmy (more on that later)... I'm considering getting a CBR125 again...

The prices on these bikes hasn't appeared to change since last time I had one! They're still around $2000-$2500... They're all basically new. I am planning on looking at one tomorrow that has 12K kms on it though, it has more miles then most, and he's asking $1600. If it's any good I'll see if he'll go down a bit.

I wonder if any of the knowledgeable people here know if the CBR125 shares an engine with another Honda bike (dirtbike?). How many km's would you figure you'd get out of these before needing work assuming proper maintenance and no one in a thousand catastrophic failures...?

The Jimmy I got is a 4 door, v6. I mainly wanted it for the roof rack and trailer hitch. The idea for it is to take a bunch of us to the mountains in the winter for skiing and snowboarding, and bringing our gear. And in the summer, to put kayaks up on the roof and bicycles in the hitch.

I think a gas sipping CBR 125 would be good to counteract the Jimmy. I can ride the bike on the decent days, a 30km round trip commute, and my occasional longer trips around 160km round trip, 2 - 4 times a month.

About the Jimmy... I have some pics to share.