Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #1

Bought a "new" car

Well, my boss' son called me about 2 weeks ago, and said his car was overheating. He wasked me what to do. I told him to check the coolant, water pump to see if it's leaking and to make sure the belt is turning it and then to pop the thermostat out and drive it home.

Well, he parked it and sold it to me for $200. He owed me $100 already, so I bought it for $100. I rented a Uhaul car trailer and went down with my pickup to bring it home.

I got it off the trailer, and took the trailer back. When I got home I thought Ok, let's see what is wrong with you. As soon as I started it, the gauge pegged HOT! No change on god's green ewarth would it heat up in 3 seconds, so I started checking things out.

The temperature sender was shot! The motor ran without a hitch. It needs a few things, like an alignment, 4 tires, a signal light flasher, and a driver side door handle, but it's SOLID.

What is it you ask? How about a 1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, LOADED!! Black paint, tan leather interior, 3800 series 2 SUPERCHARGED V6. It's already got new control arms, tie rods, and all that stuff, a new water pump, battery, and a couple hundred in new exhaust, so I pretty much STOLE it for $100.

I'll have to get some pictures up later on, but this car is pretty peppy. We were rolling along at 20 km/h and I could break the tires loose by flooring it in drive. It's NUTS! it'll 0 - 60 in like 6.5 seconds too.