Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Question about my Hensim 250???

Hello everyone. I've owned my Hensim 250 enduro (the green machine) for about 2 years now and it's been a really good bike until the other day while riding on a country cruise it started to lose power at high rpms and eventually stalled the engine. I got it started back up and limped it 9 of the 11 miles back home (walked it the rest :/) by feathering the clutch and shifting a lot between gears because it seemed to run well when first put into a gear but as my speed would increase in the gear it would lose power, sputter and kill the engine. Then I would have to wait awhile and try a bunch to restart it then go a few more miles. It is very strange to me and I can't seem to think of what may cause this or how to fix it. I took it home and changed the oil and checked the spark plug (seems ok). I took the carb apart and cleaned it thoroughly and put it back together. Put new gas in it. It now starts with ease and will rev up fine to full throttle while in neutral. Once I engage gears and ride it around, it does the same thing as before when I'm about 3/4 of the way through a gear's rpm range it sputters and tries to die on me... I'm lost. Would a CDI have anything to do with this? It shifts fine. It fires up and runs fine until i put it into gear and ride around. It doesn't matter what gear i'm in, it will sputter and die at a certain rpm range it seems. If anybody knows what might cause this and/or how to remedy it I would be much obliged. It's a 4 stroke honda clone engine like most of the 200's but it's a 250. Thanks in advance for any info...