Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #1

Hi Peeps, New member needing some help with a Lifan 200 iii

I bought a Lifan ricardo R3 or 200 iii which ever you wanna call it, i love the bike it rides great but i cannot find any parts interchange info for it anywhere, can anyone help, all i can find is the dual sport / off road lifan's. Mine is not a off road or dual sport, its just a full size motorcycle with a lil baby engine.
I got the bike cheap, a guy had it and someone stole it from him, the cops got it back but he didnt have insurance that covered the damage so he just sold the bike, so i bought it and it has no ignition, and no key (i have a clear title) the guy just hooked up a toggle switch to start it, the electric starter will work if you let it screech for a sec or 2, really annoying so ive just been kick starting it. Also the right front ferring got a lil roughed up at the turn signal and that lens is gone from it.
The bike is a 2007 with 600 miles on it, it rides like a champ (says my experienced motorcyclist father in law) Since i live in ohio and its bitterly cold now, i wanna get it all ready to ride come spring, does anyone know if i have to buy lifan parts to replace the stuff i need? I saw universal gas caps and ignition switches online cheap, i just dont know what i can and cannot use, this is my first ever bike and my family that has bikes know nothing about these lifan's. I dont care about the ferring, i can patch it up, but i need a starter, turn signal, gas cap and ignition so that i have keys, unless i can just buy a tumbler with key for the gas cap somewhere, can anyone on here help a rookie out, lol??