Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #1

First street ride, 200cc Zong, <<PICS UPDATE 6/23>&

For the last year I have been riding a "jonway" 50cc scooter back and forth to college, and with the hills around here it always sucked uphill... So, long story short I traded my scoot and some cash to a guy for a 200cc Zongshen dual sport motorcycle, might as well call it a dirtbike....

I got the tag on it yesterday, and today was my first chance to go out and ride just to get to know it.

Alot of the stoplights downtown are facing very sharply uphill, so I stalled it out a few times, it was a fine line between a wheelie I didn't want to do and getting going.

I went downtown on purpose with the idea that I would either make it or break it, and I'm alive and the bike is in one piece so I guess I made it.

Let me add these words, My bike is a total piece of crap, everything but the engine is scuffed and dinged. The guy I got it from had been using it as a dirtbike for several years, (it's a 2005) and it has been beat all to hell, but mechanically the thing is top notch. He changed the oil every 100 miles and maintained the hell out of it mechanicaly, all the seals and cables are less than six months old, the tires are brand new and the brakes might as well be new.

Best part; I have $780 in it, plus $75 to register it, and $90 for 12 months of insurance,