Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #1

Lol! Nice catch!

I was doing some shopping at Staples this morning (day off work, yay!), and when I came out I unlocked my helmet and put the key in the ignition. Strapped my helmet on and was going to do up my jacket. I figured I would start the bike and let it warm up while I zipped my jacket. Parked in neutral and neutral light was on, hit the start button and the dang thing lurches forward off the stand!! I just (and I mean just!) caught it before it fell all the way to the ground and broke something expensive and plastic . A fellow parked nearby said "Wow! Are you ok?" and then he said "There should be some sort of a safety for that!" There is a sidestand safety switch and also a neutral light so that sort of thing shouldn't happen but it did. It's done it a few times before, but never threw itself off the stand before. Lesson learned though, as the MSF course will tell you, mount the bike and rock it to ensure it's in neutral... I wont be trusting the light (or safety switch) again! Anyone else with a late model KLR in the stable might want to watch for this, I've heard of it happening before. Though, it is a good test for ones reflexes! :P