Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #1

Let the Games Begin!

Started the transformation on the Q tonight, like everyone else. Got my jetting in yesterday (125 & 127.5 on the main, 35 and 40 on the slow), everything else supposed to show up tomorrow. Wanted to get a head start.

The virgin Q-XP on the rack. She runs great, as is.....but we must tinker.

Since I'm changing the muffler to the TC II, the ol' "BB in the Vacuum Line Trick" will keep the air pump from tossing fresh oxygen on my new muffler packing. No cat? No reason to introduce fresh air! Probably make a plate to block off the head port also...just in case. I want to leave the pump on for the visual effect. This is the PRK, ya know!

A small pair of channel locks for three of the carb cap screws and a pair of vise grips, straight down, cracked loose the screws so I could easily pull them with a screwdriver. Helps the stripped screw frustration. Allens to follow like everyone else.

Two hours later, front and rear rims off awaiting new tires and Tuff Tubes, forks off and ready for new fluid, stock muffler already in the shed, carb loose, twisted and all screws loosened for needle clip job and new jetting, Already set the idle mixture to 1 turn to get it close, bars off to be replaced with taller ones and countershaft sprocket removed. Leaving the air box, as everyone suggests.
It's Miller Time!

Checked the valve clearances two nights ago. They were suprisingly in spec! First out of 4 CB's I've had not to be to tight!
Parts tomorrow. Can't wait!
The bike alread runs great. This is going to be fun!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350