Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Have you done a top speed run, yet? Very curious, us heftier folk are.
I haven't used GPS on mine, and from what I understand, the speedometers seem to read a little faster than actual speed, but on relatively flat ground mine likes about 63 indicated speed. When I say like , I mean the "sweet spot" were they seem to run unstressed, and easy, and steady with out being under heavy throttle. When my Hawk had the hotter motor, it's sweet spot that it liked was about 58 indicated, which would have been about 57, or a little over 56. It's speed O is very accurate. I'm back to a stock motor on the Hawk, and comparing the Hawk, and KPX on the main roads is a stretch. The KPX has the extra power, but also the extra gear , and the fact that it's a OHC motor that doesn't mind the rpm as much. It's still no power house, but it's more power, and the fact that it easily will run 55 in 5th, makes it a pretty good road bike for me. I have to weigh 275 with boots, and jacket, and other than the interstate the bike is adequate for my needs. I have actually been feeling guilty for riding my " new" used 2006 KLR650 so much , especially when I just run back and forth around here locally. That being said, I probably would not have bought the KPX if I had already had the KLR. If you are concidering a KPX, and can wait a couple months, then Venom may have a sale on the last of the 2024s like last year when I got my 2023 .. I think that with the sale, and the JerryHawk code, I got mine for $2800. I will also add that I had my KPX on the interstate once for a short run between exits, and it, nor myself liked it. I do remember hitting the indicated speed of 75mph