Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Regarding the W650 I love it.

Lately I have had a terrible desire for the new Enfields.
Like this one? http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/mo...lassic-GT.html

More info at http://royalenfield.com/continentalgt/

Last edited by Barnone; 07-13-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #137

Yup, that's the one!

Old 03-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #138

Still enjoying my 2012 DF with no issues in 1900 miles.
Modified a bicycle trailer by adding pit bike wheels for her to haul stuff.
The MGA coupe is being restore in a enclosed trailer at a storage yard here in FL. (not by me)

Last edited by Barnone; 07-13-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #139

That's a nice little trailer. Do you find that it vibrates with the knobby tires?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's a nice little trailer. Do you find that it vibrates with the knobby tires?
Nope and I have them aired up to 36 PSI. It pulls so easy that I can't feel it even on my DF.
I spread the outer rail on the Aosom Wanderer cargo trailer so I could use the pit bike wheels and also had to drill the axle holes larger.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111159547160?lpid=82

Old 05-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #141

Looks like someone stuffed a Iron Head in a stretched Dong Fang DF250RT-B.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:25 AM   #142

It sure looks convincing.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #143

culcume asked this question over on
http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...9625#post69625

"Sorry to hijack and/or get off topic, but 501 pages! Who knew among the majority of all the expats living and working in China, and all the Europeans from various countries, seemingly mainly the UK, this thread about a bobber with a cult-following would be the longest thread with the most views ...and not on Chinariders.net which is North American based, while this bike seems to only be available in the US!? Ok, back to normal..."

Comments?

Old 06-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #144

That is interesting. For whatever reason, only a handful of China bobber owners have visited this site, and this is one of the few threads on that type of bike.

It is my observation that most of the folks who join this forum are DS riders, so perhaps that plays into it. As well, we seem to have a "bigger is better" mentality in North America, when it comes to street bikes of any description. I don't get that attitude, and I really enjoy small engined bikes.

It surprises me to learn that the Dong Fang bobber isn't available in Asia, per Culcune's comments.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew View Post
looks sweet barnone! Keep us posted on your likes and dislikes!
Andrew, where have you been? It's great to hear from you! Do you still own the QLink? Please start a new thread, and let us know what you have been doing lately!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That is interesting. For whatever reason, only a handful of China bobber owners have visited this site, and this is one of the few threads on that type of bike.

It is my observation that most of the folks who join this forum are DS riders, so perhaps that plays into it. As well, we seem to have a "bigger is better" mentality in North America, when it comes to street bikes of any description. I don't get that attitude, and I really enjoy small engined bikes.

It surprises me to learn that the Dong Fang bobber isn't available in Asia, per Culcune's comments.
I am not sure where the DF bobber is available, but I don't think it is available anywhere else but N. America. The CCW bikes are available worldwide, which might be part of it, but then again, I have noticed in the last few years, at least in China itself, many, many bikes are no longer legal due to their incredible pollution as bikes have been outlawed in many urban areas.

The point of my comment was how many people have joined seemingly just for the DF thread, and mychinamoto.com is an eclectic gathering of people from all corners of the world who either own Chinese bikes, or those in China who loathe Chinese bikes But, in spite of the worldwide attention the site gets the absolutely longest thread happens to be the one started by barnone; and that is the only predominantly N. American thread out of the site. I just find it cool, and interesting that it has gone 501 pages!

As far as this site, there is a small hardcore group of us which I feel much more at home on; mainly because we can relate to each other's bikes. But, even when we get people outside of N America, I still like the feel here better overall, the exception being the DF thread on mychinamoto (not better than here but 'equal') I do agree with Weld because we seem more interested in dual-sports here overall, but do find it interesting that the DF thread didn't take off like mychinamoto.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #147

I had a sputtering problem with my DF at about 4K RPM. Turns out that I left out the spring clip that holds the needle down the last time I was monkeying with the carb. She running just fine now.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:27 AM   #148

Not sure i would have thought of that.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #149

I was sure the problem was something I caused when I was trying to lean the engine out to get rid of the black on the spark plug.

As someone recently mentioned one advantage of the China bikes is inexpensive parts. My next step was going to be replacing the entire carb with this Keihin (?) PZ30 pumper for $35.99 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181230460483...84.m1497.l2649

Old 06-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #150

A pumper sure can make it easy to start. I had a Keihin pumper on my old '81 XL250S, and it only required one lazy kick from cold. Click the pic.