Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM   #1

Hey fellas! 2 months of utilizing the site I thought to join.

Greetings fellow China Bike enthusiasts! I'm currently a 2 month, 500 miles logged, new owner and first time rider and I started my first bike with a 2024 RPS Hawk-X 250 (223cc) 5-speed engine. I was loving most of it until 3 weeks ago as it's been initially planned to install this Amazon JFG performance exhaust, the one for $99. While I had it basically installed lacking some minor touches. I felt it time to start it up as it had been down 2 days. Turning the key to on, all the correct ignition pre-starr lights and buttons work. However, when hitting the start button I'm getting no cranking, nor lights slightly dimming, or the flick of a relay. Not a thing.

I do have some experience in dirt bike maintenance and have degree in Electronics, but after the wiring inspection I should've paid more attention to before purchase, was Jerry-rigged beyond belief, I intend to and have been searching to replace all electrical components and wire harness. After that if no start I was thinking on starter next. So my question is, does somebody have a link directly to everything involved? The whole wire harness and components completely equivalent Lynch, or will work. On my particular bike shut up end with my 6 pin. C. Di I'm still struggling to figure out if it's AC or DC she as I found out. That is definitely something should not ignore. Yes, I made sure that by start stop switch. It's in the right position. I'm not. I knew just for your information but I still don't know everything. And that's why this site has really come in handy so I decided to join be part of the party comma and to be able to write a thread if I need help. You guys know, there's all kinds of variations of everything, let alone all they wire harnesses on amazon alone, some of them call for gy6 engines or engines or other descriptions that do not seem compatible, not to mention when viewing each harness w/ components. Most of all I can't without making an educated guess when matching wire colors and such. But I though I'd ask before I buy this time.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-edit-20240814092204.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	31829   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240814_092516.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	31830  

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM   #2

Welcome!

This sounds like a used bike since you imply the wiring is gerryrigged or modified.
But the dash lights, lights, and stuff turned on with key, so the main fuse should be OK. Maybe low voltage, but I doubt it (usually makes some kind of click with starter button push).

I would check out the starter circuit, and the starter.
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34080

That post has some basic stuff in it that might be useful. Battery status, solenoid funnction, starter function... etc.

This post is also about charging system once you get it running.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #3

OP said it was down for 2 days, I'm guessing to install the exhaust. So, was it running fine before installing the exhaust? It's a 2024, so it's brand new and the wiring is "jerry-rigged"? That just doesn't make sense. Your solution is to replace the wiring harness on a brand new bike? WHOA! That is a nuclear approach if I ever saw one.

Double and triple check the kill switch before doing anything. In fact, go ahead and replace it before buying a whole new wiring harness. Same goes for starter button. My guess is a wire or something was knocked loose during installation of exhaust.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old Today, 06:48 AM   #4

I suspected you'd maybe give wisdom, even if I may not want to hear at the time..

I spent a couple months reading a lot of brand new to it all type posts from new riders and your collective years of knowledge and such. But I've been never been so pummeled with such disregard and basically saying I'm full of IT? I've got the title I could publicly post.. nah some pics of it a few days ago completely together. I told you I had approx. 500 miles on it, attached at least the front of my manual and specs.. I replaced the stock speedometer at around 180 miles, and now I have 300 or so on the common digital. I don't know where you find it so wrong after my utilizing
and not just com8ng to this conclusion on my own, but I've had
Multiple wires lack continuity, sometimes intermittently, I made sure to put my tender on the disconnected and removed battery
It was nice longer blinking but solid charged after 2min. The very first thing I doubt u have to know anything about Electronics is why don't I check both fuses one top another. And of course I checked.the started after various checks of the relay which is a switch, in this case turn3d on and off by a single 3rd wire which applies a small current as to magnetize the positive main 12V wire with a thru path, or on which is the positive which is suppos3d to run the started motor, assuming the starter is already grounded.. Now I have check all cold wires to connectors, followed this websites.advicr about tightening everything and applying blue mid lock tight to most important and then some. And guys, as far as the multiple questioning regarding my timeline, did I happen to put out there, okay? It would have taken a longer post then this one you should go into complete details, as to not only family personal reasons. And I'm not using my garage, but our family members Dad, things happen in life. Sometimes you have to abandoned what you were doing for a week or 2, and then come back to it 3, but that was immaterial, and if you remember all I was asking was, do you guys have a link, as you mostly always have links to things like this? Because there's so many wiring harnesses, Gee, I wonder why they're making so many non-stock wiring harms is some of them. I'm sure are Stock and justice very low quality.

I made a lot of mistakes with buying his bike. But when I was running, I put the nibby on my vows were both surprisingly where they should be got it. It was running freaking, great. 4 over a month period but I definitely wouldn't buy this very sing bike again if I buy a China bike. And this is my very first street legal bike, but i've been writing and maintaining some aspects along with my dad for thirty years since I was ten years old. I'm gonna get all I'm going to get over that statement. When I said it's new biolin, five hundred miles in two months, I just broken it in in my opinion and calculation, I just started opening it up, that is doing great. No, what I made my post asking about the wiring harness with all components. I know how cheap it is. Just to replace it all and how good I am at rewiring, things just the way they're supposed to be merely even following schematics, if I have to. But it's no problem I went into that crappy store that I bought this thing before I knew anything about mail order. Kind of like yeah, the same place that if I still had fold it over losing most of its stickiness, red electrical tape, all around mid engine, if about an inch or 2 away at some time at some Play and a lot of other things that just didn't add up like wires, not in their hoops, right underneath the gas tank and just lying loose, but you don't know me.You could assume that's something I might have done by What often occurs when amateurs put their hands In things You're supposed to leave to the professionals. I've always been a d y I person, and I suspect if not, I know, just from the knowledge, the tons of things as far as repairs and modifications that you've done so far on your own bikes end, I haven't even attempted, yet. Sorry about the long post. But I just I needed to get my point across, and uh, it probably could have taken about one paragraph to say everything that I just shed. But yeah, that happens when you turned up, take a fence to my story. Implying, I'm talking about a used 2024 rps X pro Hawk. Two fifty.. I have pictures of the label on the engine. When this pipe was made, I have others proof that I can bring up but i've already sent a lot of pictures in in hopes that it could aid you. Do you know what that wire that triggers the relay? Which in churn switches on the 12 Vert Volt current to start the electrical starter question mark deadline goes directly. It most in Ignition goes directly through the cdi. That's why all I was asking initially. I know where to get the wiring. All that I needed to know was do I have a geishi or an AC? C e I even though I pretty much knew the answer, I just wanted to make sure from people that i've already learned to respect. Take this how u wish I meant no ill words, only to convey how u truly insulted a new member.. I'll stick to reading and learning what's applicable or need3d to know.. keep up the good work Jerry and everyone else who's spent so much time and effort putting this informative (most) website. There are no others coming close.

Old Today, 10:02 AM   #5

I don't want to hurt my brain anymore. I got about 4 sentences in. Sorry, bud, I'm out.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin