Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #1

4 wheeler wont start

my boy was riding his 110.... shut it off and now it wont start? it is only a couple of hours old... I checked all fuses, that little rip cord plug, it is getting spark I dont know what is wrong. anyone have any suggestions or have this happen to them?

Old 08-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #2

try draining the gas, sometimes there is this gel like crap in the gas tanks when we first get them.. ends up getting sucked into the carb..

also on the bottem of the carb facing either the left or right side is a screw in the bowl of the carb.. if you turn it the gas in the bowl will drain out that little hose.. then pull the carb and turn it upside down and remove the bowl.. you will see the jets, unscrew them and make sure you can see through them. if you cant then clean them out and put it all back together.. run high octane gas in it for now on...

Old 08-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #3

Before doing anything, change the spark plug. The stock plugs are junk. A poor plug might spark when it's removed, but it can't necessarily spark under compression.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Before doing anything, change the spark plug. The stock plugs are junk. A poor plug might spark when it's removed, but it can't necessarily spark under compression.
100% agree, by buddies 110cc mini atv ran good, then started running worse, then would not start at all, put a NGK CR7HSA plug in it and it now runs great, the stock plugs that they come with are crap.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #5

Quote:
mizke Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:05 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try draining the gas, sometimes there is this gel like crap in the gas tanks when we first get them.. ends up getting sucked into the carb..

also on the bottem of the carb facing either the left or right side is a screw in the bowl of the carb.. if you turn it the gas in the bowl will drain out that little hose.. then pull the carb and turn it upside down and remove the bowl.. you will see the jets, unscrew them and make sure you can see through them. if you cant then clean them out and put it all back together.. run high octane gas in it for now on...
always run high octane in all my toys... I did notice that when i pulled the plug that it was barely sparking

Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #6

like they said above get a new plug

Old 08-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #7

well it wasn't the plug so off with the carb

Old 08-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by konman707
well it wasn't the plug so off with the carb
Hmmm. well i know of one other problem that existed on my sons quad that would not allow it to start, have you tried charging the battery fully or boosting it with a power pack, if it will start with a boost i might be able to lead you to an easy fix.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #9

no i wouldn't start with a power pac and the battery is fully charged... it isnt getting any gas the new plug i bought is still dry and new after trying to start it over and over I took it to the shop that i bought it from and they are going to clean out the carb and get'er tip top for my son..

Old 08-19-2010, 03:49 AM   #10

Let us know how it goes.

Some of these 110 cc's have a hidden fuel shut off in the line which is hard to see under the body kit. I can't imagine it'd get shut off if magically if it ran for 2 hours but strange crap happens.

Come back and let us know what the shop says. My experience with these things is they usually overfuel not underfuel, but others have had blockages on here.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #11

well I went to the shop today where my sons 110 is and they said that it still wont start and that there is a valve in the carb that is stuck. But the lady said dont quote me that i would have to talk to the mechanic so I have no idea when my boy will get his wheeler back.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #12

Quote:
well I went to the shop today where my sons 110 is and they said that it still wont start and that there is a valve in the carb that is stuck. But the lady said dont quote me that i would have to talk to the mechanic so I have no idea when my boy will get his wheeler back.
Odds are the needle and seat might be plugged up of there's some crap on the pilot and/or main jet.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #13

Quote:
These are pretty simple carbs I'm sure they'll fix it without too much trouble.. even so, replacements are cheap too. Don't fret!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #14

it sucks becuz i got it last sunday and it has been in the shop for 4 days now my boy stands out back with his helmet on going brrrrruuuummm! LOL

Old 08-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #15

cant remember if you bought this new or used.. if you bought it new you should be able to do a exchange or something cuz with this amoutn of defect in it they should replace it or send you the parts free of charge to have it fixed