Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #1

mixture screw

I tuned my bike up last night using the throttle chop method. I turned the air fuel mixture out 1.5 turns of the total three runs. went out to start it this morning and was amazed at the difference it made.

I already set the c-clip down and it helped a little. However this helped more than anything I have done. it also accelerates much better. when my kansas weather eases up I will check out the top speed and see if that has changed much.

1,600 mi and

Old 06-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #2

Cool, that's good news. The top speed should not be effected at all with fuel screw and or needle clip adjustments. They only effect off idle through 3/4 throttle performance, not WOT.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #3

WOT was uneffected 5th gear@ 7,000 rmps is about all she can pull. how do I improve the WOT? sure would like to see 70 MPH

as for idle to 7,000 the bike has improved.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #4

If you are topping out in 5th, then that's all your sprockets will handle.

If you are going up hills easy and the wind doesn't effect your top speed then you can get a larger counter sprocket or a smaller rear sprocket. That will increase top speed but decrease your torque.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #5

hey all... a quick question.... does turning the mixure screw in richen or lean off the mixture?? Thanks for ya help.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
If you are topping out in 5th, then that's all your sprockets will handle.

If you are going up hills easy and the wind doesn't effect your top speed then you can get a larger counter sprocket or a smaller rear sprocket. That will increase top speed but decrease your torque.
in 1st through 4th I can pull 8,000 rpm in fifth I am pulling 7,000 max. I still need to do the pod filter and rejet the carb. I am 180 pounds and should be able to ride lucy at 70 without changing sprockets.

As for the mix screw I belive that turning out "left" richens the mixture. my plug was carbon white and after turning to the left it turned a nice golden brown.

white is too lean brown is good blackened is too rich

Old 06-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Cool, that's good news. The top speed should not be effected at all with fuel screw and or needle clip adjustments. They only effect off idle through 3/4 throttle performance, not WOT.
At half to full throttle that screw doesn't do much. Needle position and jet size controls fuel flow

Old 06-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #8

I think with the pod filter and a larger main jet you will increase your topend alittle bit.

You may be geared too tall for the engine to pull the bike in fifth.

I can run at 8500rpm in fifth. Before the jet and filter it was 8100 rpm.

Allen

Old 06-13-2008, 12:32 AM   #9

Kato says it better than I do. :oops:

Old 06-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Quote:
At half to full throttle that screw doesn't do much. Needle position and jet size controls fuel flow
I never said it did. I said the fuel screw AND needle clip adjust mixture from idle to 3/4 throttle. Take time to read a post before you try to correct someone.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #11

Turning the mix screw in/clockwise will lean it out.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I never said it did. I said the fuel screw AND needle clip adjust mixture from idle to 3/4 throttle. Take time to read a post before you try to correct someone.
Sorry red. I was not correcting you. I was agreeing. I think that if you "Take time to read a post before you try to correct someone.[/quote]"
You will see that I said exactly what you said, but differently.

Furthermore, I don't just take the time to read what you say Red2003. I cut and paste your stuff stuff to my own personal repair folder. I've found red, that you ride me pretty hard even when I regurgitate what you have already said verbatim. Even when I cut and paste stuff that you say, to back up my statement. I tried very hard to be clear, red. I not only read your post, I re-read it, then I cut and pasted it in to prove what I said to him was valid. Then I typed out what you said in newbe for the guy. (With a burnt left hand and I might add, yes I'm in pain, but I wanted to help the guy.) Please read my post again, I said exactly what you said and got hammered, again. Sorry alonzo none of this helps you. Don't listen to me, red is right. I'm just a newb.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #13

Meow The Claws Are Out Hiss Hisss LOL

Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #14

Nah, no claws. I am not riding anyone. Iron Fist, I didn't realize I was riding you at all. I don't remember ever even responding to one of your posts before. It looked, and still looks like you were correcting me, which is absolutely fine if I am wrong. If you were just restating what I had already said, I don't see the need. Seems kinda redundant. No harm, no foul, no worries. I'll be more careful in responding to your posts in the future. Sorry to stir the pot. I miss Porterz..................

Old 06-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #15