Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2019, 12:14 AM   #1

Kronik Racing Boom Vader $1199 OTD

It is not often those of us in California can take advantage of low-cost Chinese bikes, but here is a good deal! Read the fine print as it is meant to be a cash sale as credit/debit/paypal adds 6%. This sale includes California registration and sales tax which is what makes it a good deal. This ad is in the local L.A. Craigslist, so not sure if they will ship these bikes. Couldn't hurt to call them...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...889571437.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-29-2019, 12:39 AM   #2

This makes the Vader around $900 before taxes and fees. Sweet! I would buy from them again.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:04 AM   #3

- I'd just like to say Kronik Racing has been so helpful to me for sorting out parts both stock and upgrades for my own Vader, these guys are genuinely knowledgeable about these bikes and are enthusiastic about them, they aren't "just selling them".
Even when i needed something they didn't themselves carry, they went out of their way to find a source or the answer to a question and got back to me , every time.

I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and everyone when it comes to anything Vader or other Grom Clone related ,these guys are the real deal, think of them as the CSC for Vaders.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 05-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #4

I've heard nothing but good things about them

In various other forum's.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 05-30-2019, 05:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
It is not often those of us in California can take advantage of low-cost Chinese bikes, but here is a good deal! Read the fine print as it is meant to be a cash sale as credit/debit/paypal adds 6%. This sale includes California registration and sales tax which is what makes it a good deal. This ad is in the local L.A. Craigslist, so not sure if they will ship these bikes. Couldn't hurt to call them...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...889571437.html

I agree with everyone its a great deal--I can't remember if I had to pay those taxes for orderong it out of state on my debit card...Anyhow I got my Vader from them shipped across the country to CT a month or two ago and it arrived on time in perfect shape. They are also very knowledgaeble with performance parts and OEM replacement parts. I would definitley buy form www.KronikRacing.com again!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 05-30-2019, 07:24 AM   #6

I bought my Vader from Venom Motorsports , and I stand by them being a good Dealer /Supplier for stock bikes and honoring Warranty issues. However, Venoms offering of Performance parts is rather limited ( which i understand ) and this is just not their focus .
Kronik on the other hand, while certainly selling stock Vaders / Boom125's., are active in the aftermarket parts arena and particularly into as their name suggests, Racing applications. ,so they have a wealth of knowledge on non-stock upgrade parts from brake pads to clutch springs to carbs and shocks ,as well as technical knowledge on installs / disassembly /reassembly procedures etc.

My only regret about Kronik Racing is they are located in CALI and I am in FLA., so I can not support them as much as I would were I in their actual area ,but I have and will continue to buy parts from and seek advice /info from them in the future.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 05-31-2019, 02:29 PM   #7

Just looked at Kronik's site and noticed 2 things.

1. They are advertising SSR stuff again. I thought they broke up?

2. The Boom RETRO 125 is really cool. It's like a classy grown up version of the Vader! http://www.kronikracing.com/-Boom-RETRO-125_p_423.html

Old 06-03-2019, 08:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post

2. The Boom RETRO 125 is really cool. It's like a classy grown up version of the Vader! http://www.kronikracing.com/-Boom-RETRO-125_p_423.html
Dang! If I they had that BOOM Retro a couple months ago when I ordered my Vader then there's a good chance I woulda gone with it. For a brief time I was looking to pick up something like a used SSR Lazer even though many or most Lazers are 50cc and not fast enough--I liked the look of the Lazer and was trying to get a really cheap used one to swap an engine into. I had also looked at Honda Trail Series bikes of all sizes , but the prices people want for even a beat up to heck 20 year old non-running Honda Trail 90 is often as much or more than a brand new Vader! I am pretty happy with my Vader after several hundred miles of riding--I just wish it was a little better stock, like the stock carb/emissions is pretty bad. I still haven't put on the new VM22 I ordered nor removed my emissions and it often runs fine, but it has an issue infrequently where it doesnt get gas and stalls which seems to get worse and more frequent when it dips below 60 degrees like tonight. I have always been able to get it restarted quickly but I would have been a lot happier if the Vader came with at least a 22mm carb and emissions system that Never has fuel delivery issues. I think Venom might switch out the PZ20 for a PZ22 22mm carb on some bikes--Venom does have a video on YT about how the PZ20 and PZ22 are interchangeable without removing emissions or changing anything(not sure if the stock intake boot is big enough or not). Other than that little problem I am very happy with my Vader and it starts right up every time easily, no loose parts, nothing broken, rides well for a cheap 125cc, and never stalled when it was 70 degrees out earlier today when I took it for a ride and broke 50MPH into strong headwinds blowing me everywhere. I have only done 1 mod which is the 17 tooth front sprocket plus trimmed the sprocket cover on the bottom slightly so the chain wont hit it. Cant wait to delete emissions and change carb to see if I get significantly better acceleration and hoping for a bit higher top speed since I cant get anywhere too close to redline(8400RPM) in 4th gear which I am guessing is because the stock carb is a bit too lean and doesnt have the capacity to deliver the extra bit of A/F mix the Vader needs at higher RPMS--although not too sure if it wont hit high rpm in 4th gear on flat ground also because I am 200+pounds? Anyone know the answer to if my bike will get higher RPMS in 4th gear and higher top speeds with the VM22 Clone Carb? or am I just too fat? lol

Old 06-04-2019, 04:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post

Seriously...I might need to sell my Vader for hopefully just a small loss and order the Retro!! It has 17" tires and is listed with a +10MPH stock top speed over the Vaders( maybe due to larger tires) AND the picture shows it doesn't have any silly emissions junk(also may help top speed) although the engine seems to be identical design otherwise with the same rated hp and torque number sas the Vaders AND it looks...well it's looks are fitting for it;s name and Vice Versa. I like it. I really like it

Old 06-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
Seriously...I might need to sell my Vader for hopefully just a small loss and order the Retro!! It has 17" tires and is listed with a +10MPH stock top speed over the Vaders( maybe due to larger tires) AND the picture shows it doesn't have any silly emissions junk(also may help top speed) although the engine seems to be identical design otherwise with the same rated hp and torque number sas the Vaders AND it looks...well it's looks are fitting for it;s name and Vice Versa. I like it. I really like it
Do it!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2019, 07:34 PM   #11

I saw this on Craigslist but it's expired- looks like it only applied to Vegas customers. Maybe Kronik will run another special on the Boom Retro. I might have to go see one in person.

BRAND NEW 2019 RETRO STYLE 125CC STREET BIKE ONLY 899.99 DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR !!! NO HIDDEN FEES 125CC 4 SPEED MANUAL CLUTCH RETRO STYLING PLEASE CALL OR TEXT FOR MORE INFO 805-630-7223 Kronik Racing we stock parts 125, street bike, street motorcycle, grom, z125,razkull,ssr, honda, Kawasaki, ducati , street mini, pit bike, pocket bike

Old 06-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #12

If i could find analog gauges to replace my digital speedo / tach on my Vader, I'd buy them / it in a heartbeat. I detest the electronic read outs, they are hard to see and read in bright sunlight where analogs are not .New is not always better and a gauge i can't read is no good to me , i dont care if you can change it to six colors , i just want to be able to see the damn thing .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 06-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
If i could find analog gauges to replace my digital speedo / tach on my Vader, I'd buy them / it in a heartbeat. I detest the electronic read outs, they are hard to see and read in bright sunlight where analogs are not .New is not always better and a gauge i can't read is no good to me , i dont care if you can change it to six colors , i just want to be able to see the damn thing .
I hear you. I personally havent had issues with reading the stock Vader gauges, in sun or not, but a friend couldnt even see the red gear indicator during mid-day on a fairly sunny day and when the background color wasnt the bright red it was one of the colors that contrasts the gear indicator better--BUT my friend was wearing sunglasses and I'd bet that also a helmet visor could also make it more difficult to read the gauges .

To each their own--which is maybe why we aren't living in a country with one type of motorcyle (thank God for that!) that has no available mods, kind of like when the communists ruled one of their downfalls was the communist governments weren't/aren't anywhere as good as businesses are in capitalism at getting the people exactly what they wanted/needed and when they needed it--the "joke" was they couldn't even get their citizens toilet paper.---At least that's some of what I was taught in off the cuff coments in the lower level college economics, business, marketing and sociology classes by a handful of different professors, a couple of whom had visited Russia when it was the USSR and one had also visited Cuba under Castro decades ago among other places they had visited--although we didn't really focus on the topic of communist countries and what they were like at all and Im probably way off topic here but it just made me think of those few moments in those classes for whatever reason

Old 06-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #14

the green background seems to be the best to read

Old 06-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #15

hi just picked up the boom 125-10 from foxpowersports2 weeks ago for $899 + shipping + -35 coupon... that's a damn steal ...........