Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2008, 02:03 AM   #1

The Future

How does the parts availability look for the next couple years? All this chaos has me worried.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #2

well even if the parts supplys from china do dry up there will be enough broken down china bikes out there being parted out to fill our needs. At least that what I choose to believe

Old 02-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #3

good point. i guess also, even if parts were to go south here we could mail order from people in phillipines. I hear they tweak these 200's way out.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #4

I think we have already gone through a period of no parts; parts supplies will only increase as manufacturers realize that they can make more money keeping a $600 bike running, via parts, than they can selling a
$600 bike!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #5

I have about 3% honda on my Lifan now.

Parts will be available with alittle ingenuity if needed.

It will not bother me.

Allen

Old 02-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #6

These bikes along with many Chinese made products are very high quality but also very fragile I think?
I know motorcycles like the ones we all have or are getting into are a main source of transportation in China, that being said the Chinese probably have very different driving habits than us Americans and North Americans!
I think if your good to your bike and keep it up and in shape then you will limit the amount of parts you need to replace, lets face it these bikes are not speed machines or indestructible, I think they are just something really cool to travel on, maybe Im wrong? :wink:

Old 02-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #7

ENIG,
Your dead on right, these bikes are not meant to be used and abused... It's like using your China blender to make Margaritas for a house party and using the same blender to make drinks for 1000 people in a club night after night, obviously not going to hold up (If only Honda made blenders..)
I think anything you maintain and don't push the limits of should last fairly well, some parts are going to give out and that is true amongst all machines(Jap,Amer, etc.) For the price you get a great upgradable bike/quad just don't push it...

Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #8

We could also try brushing up on are Chinese and speaking with reps from the original equipment manufacturer in China, I dont think the parent companies are going anywhere anytime soon, eventhough local dealers will come and go! lol......

I would like to speak to someone at Chongqing Shineray who could get me started on a potential North American dealership with their bikes.lol, just kidding, sounds like alot of work!!!
But from what I understand OEM's like Shineray offer this service to businesses around the world, I suppose most businesses who manufacture China bikes are affiliated with the OEM, I hear that the Chinese companies even allow American companies to label the bikes as they choose, I guess it makes sense, Americans would know more about what appeals to Americans than would the Chinese...Even Honda and Kawasaki started small in their original countries China, and Japan.all this just a guess but not a bad idea.lololol
Who knows you might even make enough to buy the whole fraggin company in the end!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #9

Rosetta Stone for Chinese might be a start for all of us... These China companies are going to build what they want for whoever has the cash, don't matter where your from... Hopefullly they will realize the US market wants a bigger bike and I think that's starting to catch on? The Chinese/ Asian market will always crave a 200cc or smaller bike and continue to cater to that because that is the main mode of transportation(actually bicycles are) It's a 50\50 on bringing EPA approved bikes here, they've found there way to Canada but I'm sure parts are in smalll supply, (ask Carl a member here, no shortage of parts over there) Just my 2 cents...

Old 03-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador
Rosetta Stone for Chinese might be a start for all of us.
I may be able to help out with that. gimme a few days.