Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2021, 01:45 PM   #1

Covid Vaccine yesterday, 1 of 2

I got the Moderna shot yesterday. Booster will be in 4 weeks.
I have a mild fever, headache and body aches. Nothing bad.
-I think I feel good enough to watch sports on the telly, but not good enough to do chores. (Perfect!)
-Craving chocolate.

Old 03-21-2021, 02:48 PM   #2

Getting my first one tomorrow.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-22-2021, 12:23 AM   #3

I'm curious to see how people here respond to the Johnson & Johnson "one and done" shot.
I had mine last week and I felt like s--t the second day. Then fine.....then it's roller coastered on me over the days.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-22-2021, 01:21 AM   #4

Why would you get a vaccine for a 99.9% survival rate... SMH. Also it is NOT FDA approved, and anyone who gets it is participating in a clinical trial. Also it DOES NOT prevent you from getting, or transmitting cv19. Also big pharma is off the hook for any complications. You cannot sue for issues with the vaccine.

Just my .02

Old 03-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodadd View Post
Why would you get a vaccine for a 99.9% survival rate... SMH. Also it is NOT FDA approved, and anyone who gets it is participating in a clinical trial. Also it DOES NOT prevent you from getting, or transmitting cv19. Also big pharma is off the hook for any complications. You cannot sue for issues with the vaccine.

Just my .02

Here's news for you: whoever takes an aspirin is participating in a clinical study. Simple fact -- no one knows how a medication or vaccine that's fine for me or you will act on another individual.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenslow View Post
Here's news for you: whoever takes an aspirin is participating in a clinical study. Simple fact -- no one knows how a medication or vaccine that's fine for me or you will act on another individual.
Agreed, I've been eating hot dogs my entire life and have no idea what's in them.

Out of my 84 year old mom, aunt, brother, sister in law, two nephews and all my old buddies I hang out with, I'm the only one who has had any significant side effects. That said, being on immune-supressors, with underlying health issues, may have something to do with that.

In my particular case, I'd much rather deal with some shot side-effects than getting Covid. The odds wouldn't have been in my favor.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-22-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:59 PM   #7

There were quite a few diseases that were erradicated thanks to vaccines but now they are back thanks to anti vaxxers.

If more people is now reaching the 100s is due to medical R&D and Vaccines are very importa part of that R&D. Are there some side effects to some drugs and vaccines of course, but that's better than died at age 29 due common flu.

The Vaccines being used here are the Sputnik V, Oxford/ AstraZeneca, Sinopharm. I know a few that already got vaccined by them, only had mild fever.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_not_a_honda View Post
My sister in law almost died from the second one. Had to go to the hospital. Eyes swelled shut, fever, sick. She was a perfectly healthy woman. No need for the shot. Now she's messed up.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsvw View Post
I got both Moderna. No issues except had a 3 hours fever 11 hours after the second. My mom, 84 got the J and J. No issues! All good. Yay for modern medicine!
Being part of a clinical trial means some people recieve the Vax, and some receive a placebo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenslow View Post
Not true. The clinical studies have been done for Aspirin before the FDA approved it. The vaccine HAS NOT been tested, OR approved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsvw View Post
I’d rather take a chance with a vaccination than have the full blown disease. My uncle died from it. Another uncle and aunt had it but uncle had mild symptoms and aunt had tough ones. It’s a crap shoot but, I think the vaccination is the better bet.
I am sorry for your uncle. But EVERYTHING is being labeled "covid death" the CDC came out and published that ONLY 6% of reported deaths are from covid itself. The rest, are NOT. And with the PCR testing being proven to provide so many false positives, they had to change it you think people would be able to put 2 and 2 together to understand this is not what they say it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Agreed, I've been eating hot dogs my entire life and have no idea what's in them.

Out of my 84 year old mom, aunt, brother, sister in law, two nephews and all my old buddies I hang out with, I'm the only one who has had any significant side effects. That said, being on immune-supressors, with underlying health issues, may have something to do with that.

That said, in my particular case, I'd much rather deal with some shot side-effects than getting Covid. The odds wouldn't have been in my favor.
BS. My sister has an auto immune disease, and is very sick and immune suppresed... She got covid, and had a headache... It is not what they say it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
There were quite a few diseases that were erradicated thanks to vaccines but now they are back thanks to anti vaxxers.

If more people is now reaching the 100s is due to medical R&D and Vaccines are very importa part of that R&D. Are there some side effects to some drugs and vaccines of course, but that's better than died at age 29 due common flu.

The Vaccines being used here are the Sputnik V, Oxford/ AstraZeneca, Sinopharm. I know a few that already got vaccined by them, only had mild fever.
Yes, vaccines are good. I agree. But times have changed. The vax companies are NO LONGER LIABLE for complications... that means they can no longer be sued for complications of a vaccine. I understand anyone can have a unique reaction to anything.... But this is different. my kids are reccomended WAY MORE vaccines than I recieved as a child, and knowing the big pharma can no longer be held responsible is a huge red flag... We all know the US healthcare system cares about 1 thing $$$$$$$$$

Old 04-21-2021, 08:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post

Sadly, if you look at the history, you can not determine when vaccines were introduced with the exception of when they introduce live polio vaccines there was a spike in cases. The steady decline prior to vaccines is apparent. One of the obvious red flags is the inclusion of HL cancerous cervix cells in the polio vax. WTF?

No Vaccine Manufacturer can be sued so long as the present the "unavoidable side effects" in the insert. To have "informed consent" necessary for any medical treatment, you should have all the nasty possible things explained. Most that do this decide the risk outweighs any promoted benefits.

The new gene therapy vaccines are not even required to list unavoidable side effects because they have "emergency" usage. There is no long term information at all. You are a lab rat. You have no proof that the stab will do anything to prevent you from becoming infected or prevent you from spreading, or that you gain any proven immunity.

You still must wear an ineffective mask...

Old 03-22-2021, 05:15 AM   #10

My sister in law almost died from the second one. Had to go to the hospital. Eyes swelled shut, fever, sick. She was a perfectly healthy woman. No need for the shot. Now she's messed up.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #11

I got both Moderna. No issues except had a 3 hours fever 11 hours after the second. My mom, 84 got the J and J. No issues! All good. Yay for modern medicine!
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN

Old 03-22-2021, 12:32 PM   #12

I’d rather take a chance with a vaccination than have the full blown disease. My uncle died from it. Another uncle and aunt had it but uncle had mild symptoms and aunt had tough ones. It’s a crap shoot but, I think the vaccination is the better bet.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 03-22-2021, 01:16 PM   #13

One Moderna down, one to go.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #14

I didn’t participate in a ‘clinical trial’. I got a shot, Moderna, since I’m a teacher and a month later I got the second one. No major issues except the 3 hour fever. Also, again, it’s (and all of life is) a crap shoot. I chose the shot. So far so good...

So did my mom, son, and sister. So far so good. Takes a daily burden off me too, as 1) won’t spread it as easily and 2) 95% percent protected against getting it and 3) if i do get it, won’t die...

All a crap shoot tho. And anti Vaxxers are.... ok won’t be mean. But get shots! Lol. That reminds me, I need my second shingles shot...
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 09-09-2021, 12:57 AM   #15

I got my 2nd Moderna shot 3/26. Only side effect was sore arm & shoulder for about 36 hours. The Shingrex (shingles) vaxx has a more pronounced and longer duration of arm pain, in my case about 72 hours. And the injection site burned for about 3 minutes.

Well worth the minor inconvenience.