Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #1

What is the best deal?

edit

Old 03-22-2007, 06:33 AM   #2

By an American Lifan from a Dealer...better bike better warranty and you will be able to get parts!

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #3

OK, then I'll repost...anyone know a Buffalo area dealer?

Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 AM   #4

Frostbite posted this on the thread that you already asked this question.
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:08 am Post subject:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would inquire here:

http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan2/dealerlocator.html
http://www.roketa.com/support/contact.htm
http://www.zongsheninternational.com...9/Default.aspx

If there is a dealer in Buffalo, they would know.

Site Administrator

2005 Lifan LF200GY-2
There may not be anyone on the forum from Buffalo....you will have to do some footwork as most of the members have. I'm sure someone would have posted on your other thread if there was someone that knew. You can also call American Lifan at 1-877-341-2933 ask for Shawn.

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-22-2007, 10:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
By an American Lifan from a Dealer...better bike better warranty and you will be able to get parts!

Bruce
Now Bruce, I'm not one to question my elders, but wouldn't this be a matter of opinion. Because even apart from the price difference, I would want many of the things that I have with my bike (OHC engine for example). The warranty I'm unsure about because I have not had a need to check it (even with 5100 miles). This warranty issue may be so, but parts availability really depends on the responsiveness of the distributor/dealer not necessarily the manufacturer. You are a great example for all distributor/dealers to follow. You return calls, you are very knowledgeable, and you tell it straight and get the parts to the individual ASAP. However, I have gotten parts for mine relatively quickly (luggage rack for example) from my distributor. I know I had an initial better response from you on the spokes, but everything else I have been able to get from the distributor (Lintopowersports).

No disrespect intended, but I'm very happy with our Roketas and knowing all that I know about their limitations (similar to Lifan) would make the same choice again. In fact, I'm looking to buy another for my girlfriend so she can ride too. If I was looking for a better bike, I would have just gotten the Honda.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 AM   #6

Jason, you sure have done well with your bike. That's great that you have 5100 miles on it! I have a Lifan GY-5, and after 9 months have put just a notch under 3000 miles on mine. I have had a few minor issues with my bike, and every issue I had was posted right here on Chinariders somewhere or another. I was telling Tom with RPM the other day, that I enjoy when something happens to the bike, and that way I can learn something new when I fix it. How else can you get to know your bike? Now dont get me wrong, I dont enjoy not being able to ride. I know that anyone who has owned a motorcycle or any type of vehicle, has probably had to put it in the shop for repairs or had to have it worked on some way or another. I dont know as much as a lot of people do on Chinariders, but after reading a lot of these threads, and reading of testimonies like yours, or mine, or lots of other peoples would give me tons of confidence to go with either one of these bikes. My main concern is WHO I bought the bike from.
Shea

Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheadouglas
I dont enjoy not being able to ride.
Spoken like someone who lives in warm climates... us northern folk feel that way for months at a time.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles

Br
uce

i would agree with everything except beter bike. just as good yes ,but at least in my case not beter. next week when its spring break i'll be able to try out the warranty.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #9

Found an American Lifan dealer close to me (30 minutes). I'll be heading over there this weekend. Any ideas on what I should be up against price wise for a Lifan GY200 enduro? And, do dealers have a little "wiggle room" to negotiate?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #10

mine was $1800 +$150 setup/delivery =$1950 .

Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
And THAT's why I went with the Viva! $1029 delivered to my door...er, carport.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Lifan; just couldn't swing the extra $$$. I'm so far away from any dealer that I figured it didn't matter so much. I could buy another bike for parts if I had to. A black one.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by John22j
Quote:
I dont enjoy not being able to ride.
Spoken like someone who lives in warm climates... us northern folk feel that way for months at a time.
I got to experience the almighty Ohio weather for 6 months back in 2003. There's a minor league baseball team called the Lake County Captains up in Lake County, just east of Cleveland. It is a minor league affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. It is their Single A team. We started our season at the first of April until the 1st of September. Now, this next part is coming from a southern person. April, & May were the coldest months I had ever experienced in my life. Our field we played on was about 2 miles from Lake Erie, and those north winds would come across that lake and cut you right in half. Yes, I said April and May. I have no idea what December, January, and February had to offer, and no I dont want to find out! I will have to say this. After living in Mississippi all of my life, that summer in Ohio was the most beautiful summer that I have ever experienced in my life. It is just a beautiful state. (in my opinion) I know the weather is tough in the winter, but man is it worth it when spring and summer rolls around!
www.captainsbaseball.com

Old 03-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #13

Come to Vermont! It was 15 below zero 2 nights ago. High today was 35. Heat wave!! Sunny and 40 tomorrow, the Roketa's going to work 8O .

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #14

No thanks! You dont even want to know the temperature reading that is on my computer. 78 degrees. You'll be laughing at me when I am sweating when I take one step out of the house in July and August, and you are enjoying your Vermont Summer. (i know it does get hot there too)

Old 03-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Jason, you sure have done well with your bike. That's great that you have 5100 miles on it! I have a Lifan GY-5, and after 9 months have put just a notch under 3000 miles on mine. I have had a few minor issues with my bike, and every issue I had was posted right here on Chinariders somewhere or another. I was telling Tom with RPM the other day, that I enjoy when something happens to the bike, and that way I can learn something new when I fix it. How else can you get to know your bike? Now dont get me wrong, I dont enjoy not being able to ride. I know that anyone who has owned a motorcycle or any type of vehicle, has probably had to put it in the shop for repairs or had to have it worked on some way or another. I dont know as much as a lot of people do on Chinariders, but after reading a lot of these threads, and reading of testimonies like yours, or mine, or lots of other peoples would give me tons of confidence to go with either one of these bikes. My main concern is WHO I bought the bike from.
Shea
Yeah man, I'm with you there. I more importantly enjoy the fact that for under $2k Dad and I are doing things together again that we both enjoy like back in the highschool days. Back then we would practice baseball together during the week and on weekends. Now, there's always some little things that can be done on the motorcycles so at least we're spending time together. Then we get to ride the crap out of 'em like we're racing each other.... 8O Good thing they don't have any more hp than they do!!! Plus, he's a tool and dye maker by trade so he's able to make little mods and I get the benefit cause he just duplicates everything for mine (like the barend weights and such)
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)