Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #1

Can you guys do wheelies?

I can"t I have let out the clutch at 5000 and nothing. I keep trying to power wheelie ,definitely will not and I tried clutch wheelies and nothing as well I have a 150cc but it runs real well I weigh 195 right now.Clutches bad ?

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!

Old 10-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #2

My Lifan 140 powered Trail 90 will easily stand up on the back wheel if you open the throttle too fast in first gear. No clutch involved, just power. Neither of my 200s will stand up without popping the clutch.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:08 AM   #3

I might be able to, but I resist the temptation. When you hit the ground after a wheelie (especially on pavement), the front of the lower and the rear of the upper steering stem bearings can impinge on the cups, and ultimately the frame. When I bought my old TW, there was evidence that it had been wheelied excessively, because the frame was actually tweaked where the bearing cups are.

That said, your ability to wheelie will depend on gearing. What are your current sprocket sizes?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-31-2015, 06:06 PM   #4

My old 1200cc bandit did them in 3 gears. Low was hard as it just wanted to smoke the tire. 2nd and 3rd were easy up. and I have yet to try the KLX and probably won't.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:55 PM   #5

I'm too old and too heavy, my China bikes are under powered and heavy as well imo. I've taken way too many falls skiing and biking, and really have no interest. My first test ride on my hawk I was going up a steep hill in the back yard, I pauzed and downshifted to first gear and gassed it, the front end started coming up and scared the crap out of me. Now with a sprocket change that won't happen.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:00 PM   #6

I've never tried to purposefully do wheelies but my old two strokes would lift with too much throttle and my buell lightning could throttle wheelie in 3rd. I just never saw a point in riding wheelies. On a side note about an hour ago I tried to go over a rather tall curb gave it a little too much gas and stood it up to about 1 or 2 o'clock scared the shit out of me. Time to put in the 17 tooth today.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #7

I have a baha comet 90 cc ( honda ct70 clone) that will wheelie in every gear with a blip of the throttle easily .It does have a kx 65 front end on it .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.1 KB, 272 views)

Old 11-03-2015, 12:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I have a baha comet 90 cc ( honda ct70 clone) that will wheelie in every gear with a blip of the throttle easily .It does have a kx 65 front end on it .
With my rump at the back of that seat, I'm not sure if the front wheel would stay on the ground.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #9

Very cool. Love the paint.

/

Old 11-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #10

I have a guy that is looking to purchase 7 customized ct70's from me for his paintball park and he asked if I can make them into "army" ones .15 minutes later I had this bike to show him .and he wrote me the cheque .

Old 11-03-2015, 01:16 AM   #11

It's pretty hard to keep the front of that bike down ,in fact I lost a sale for it because the kids mother didn't appreciate how easily it wheelies .I might have to keep it for myself .

Old 11-03-2015, 01:47 AM   #12

Can you plate a CT70 clone in ON?

Old 11-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #13

How does it wheelie so easy? Is it really light up front ? big sprocket? my xr 70 should wheelie with piranha engine.

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!

Old 11-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #14

The front end is taller than original altering things enough that it goes over ,no other modifications .Its a 88 cc ,and the rear swing arm is pretty short so it wheelies descent stock as well .
Your xr70 will wheelie in stock form very easy which is no good for a race bike ,but the neighbourhood boys will love it .You need to lengthen the swing arm to drag race it effectively .

Old 11-03-2015, 10:07 AM   #15

I can't plate that one ,I have seen those panda z50 clones on the road though so others should be possible .