Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to LadyDi
2007 LONGBO LB150T HELP!

OK, I OWN (sorry to say) THIS SCOOTER (piece of crap that it is).. I swear it is possessed! :twisted:
Nothing has gone right since the day I got it!

"YMoto Scooters/Cypress Auto" is/was a rip off dealer that has gone out of business.. Lot's of luck with the 3 year warranty that he doesn't honor!

Anyway- if anyone has any information where on earth to find the parts/repair manual for this 'thing', I would greatly appreciate it.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! 8O

200 miles and the electrical burns up & needed replacement! (going down the highway it died on me) Everything electrical fried right down to the battery!
250 miles and the carb goes berzerk, chokes out and stops running!
301 miles and the gas gauge sticks on full and the headlights don't work..

Did I mention it's trash & I'm sorry I bought it? :?: :?:

Thanks for letting me vent, I'm just so pissed and the weather is so great for scooting and I can't! UGH!!!!!!!! :(

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #2

Maybe time for a new scoot!!!

Not what ya wanna hear,But,If it looks like a lemon.......

Old 06-10-2008, 01:54 AM   #3

I would also post your problem on the ScootDawg forum.. They specialize in Chinese scoots... You may be suprized how easy it may be to fix your problems... once these things get worked out.. the scoots can be pretty reliable.

Also a pic of your scooter might help.. the "names" of these things doesnot always mean much.. My point is some Longbo 150's look just like a Roketa Fiji 150.. so you might be able to get Roketa parts.. many are interchangeable.. since they are all GY6 engines... except perhaps body parts.

Here is the Forum URL.. they are GREAT here.. very helpfull.

http://scootdawg.proboards59.com/index.cgi

Ken

Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #4

Our scooter forum is pretty limited here, the scootdawg guys will be able to help you out better.

Ken is right about most parts being interchangeable.

I think once you get a new wiring harness and carb that you will be riding again. Neither one is real expensive.

Allen

Old 06-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #5

'07 Longbo 150cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens97sto171
I would also post your problem on the ScootDawg forum.. They specialize in Chinese scoots... You may be suprized how easy it may be to fix your problems... once these things get worked out.. the scoots can be pretty reliable.

Also a pic of your scooter might help.. the "names" of these things doesnot always mean much.. My point is some Longbo 150's look just like a Roketa Fiji 150.. so you might be able to get Roketa parts.. many are interchangeable.. since they are all GY6 engines... except perhaps body parts.

Here is the Forum URL.. they are GREAT here.. very helpfull.

http://scootdawg.proboards59.com/index.cgi

Ken
Thanks Guys, not the answers I wanted....
I already posted on ScootDawg earlier and even asked if anyone lived near me to help rip the sucker apart and start over... No takers....

If I only had an owners/service manual to show me how.. (I am one of those that always has leftover parts)
So, either I attempt to do it blind 8) and hope for the best, or I go with my real desire and look at a Qlink Legacy....

If anyone has heard or experienced those bikes, please let me know!

Again, thanks for your input - I'm always up to suggestions 8O

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 06-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #6

If you are willing to give the repairs a shot and can take pictures for us we can help. I am not sure of any members in your area.

The carb is likely the electric choke and that is probably not working due to the wiring problems.

A new harness and battery will likely get you on the road.

I am not sure where to find parts for it though.

If you are done with it I will send someone to pick it up.

Allen

Old 06-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #7

You might find some help here. http://www.myvento.net/

They had some wiring diagrams for some scooters.

It appears that they concentrate on scooters like yours.

Allen

Old 06-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #8

Well, I guess I forgot to say that the scooter is running - the carb/bowl/filter were all full of dirt (?).

Had new battery w/battery tender put in it before winter, that's no problem.. it holds a charge great.

Just the headlights don't work (I do have side lights and blinkers, and instrument panel lights)- I really don't think they would both burn out that soon at the same time?? and the only other problem is the gas gauge stays on full! something loose somewhere....

So, I'll check out the link that was given for diagrams/fuse location, etc..

I do know where to get parts without a problem, I already got some things from this place: www.partsforscooters.com
and there was another place that specialized in China scooter parts, but the name slips my mind right now...
Thanks again and will take some pics if it ever stops raining!!!

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #9

Well the headlight is most likely a bad connection or maybe the switch, but I would test the bulb first.

Do you have a voltmeter?

They sell inexpensive digital ones at walmart. $20.

Check the bulb using the ohm setting. If the checks out then move down the line until you find power.

I am thinking that the one of the connecters behind the headlight is loose. My ground wire failed so I ran another one.

It sounds like you are getting it worked out.

Allen

Old 06-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #10

a wiring diagram will definitely help you locate the problem, have you replaced the burnt out bulbs and did they just burn out again?

i don't know if there are multiple fuses on scooters, could be bad/cheap fuses that are causing the light problem

Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGongJitsu
a wiring diagram will definitely help you locate the problem, have you replaced the burnt out bulbs and did they just burn out again?

i don't know if there are multiple fuses on scooters, could be bad/cheap fuses that are causing the light problem
Well that 's the whole idea - I need a wiring diagram or something to guide me - if I had it, I could do it, but I guess tomorrow I start ripping the thing apart if it isn't still raining! UGH :x

I don't know, do I start ripping the front end off to get to the wiring? I have a complete wire harness that was sent to me by accident when I asked for a replacement part for the side lite - duh!! :oops:

There, I added a pic of it (stock photo) but it's the one I got!

Thanks!

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 06-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #12

i'd remove as many panels as you can so you can see the whole wiring setup, then maybe use your spare harness as a guide?

probably the only way to do it is just start with obvious simple things that you're comfortable with doing, fuses, bulbs, etc...

Then if nothing works you could give a go at installing the new harness, but that may be a last resort

Old 06-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #13

You said it is a "V-Bike". I haven't had any problems with mine, but the guy I bought it from, Tim, could supply parts.

http://www.vbikeusa.com/index.php

I do know V-Bikes use Roketa parts, and if you are looking for parts try taking the number off of the part and google searching it (its a shot the dark but hey who knows).

Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #14

Longbo 150T

Oh here we go again, seems every 50 miles I have a problem! :twisted:

Riding down the highway tonight (beautiful full moon lit) doing just fine - then all of a sudden out of nowhere, it starts to sputter and died! So, I did the usual, pulled off the highway, set the center stand and tried it again, no soap, so I popped the plug, didn't look too bad but figured I'd change it anyhow (I learned early on to carry spare parts!).

Still nothing, so I coasted down the highway with the 4ways on, a biker stopped by, checked things out and said, "Hey lady, you got gas in this thing!)" :x (Typical BIKER)! That's the first thing I check before leaving home! DUH....

So I got to my destination by coasting (it was all down hill)
Got gas going to the pre-filter but no further like, to the fuel filter.
So, I checked all the lines, no kinks. Gas line from tank to pre-filter is fine but from there on, it's just a drip, drip, drip, into the fuel filter.

Well, I by-passed the pre-filter & went direct from gas tank to the fuel filter and it runs fine.

QUESTION of importance - is it safe to run it with the gas line directly from the tank to the fuel filter?

I don't want to catch my butt on fire :twisted: or something worse..

Any ideas, oh Great ones?? :?:

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 07-17-2008, 12:09 AM   #15

As long as there's a fuel filter of some sort on it, I figure you should be okay, as long as the fuel line isn't running somewhere it shouldn't be, i.e. exhaust, etc.

Also, If it's plugged up the prefilter, chances are (to my thinking) there's got to be some tank-nasties going on in there. Might not be a bad idea to pull the tank (As painful as it ison a scoot) and give it a cleaning out.

Finally, maybe others have something different to say, but both my China-builts had what I thought were fuel filters, but on further examination, they turned out to be just screens. Not very freakin' fine screens at that. More like "Rediculously large chunk Catchers" Pretty freakin' lame.

***Individual Results May Vary...***

--Vince

p.s. If it makes you feel any better, instead of "Any gas in it?" When I break down, I always get "I had a 1936 Indian, that did the same thing-- Had to put more peat in the steam chamber, Blah, blah, blah (Insert Horribly Obsolete Useless Information Here)" -VWD