Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2024, 09:28 PM   #1

Bog/hesition fixed but it's back...

Hi guys,

I have a new 20024 X-Pro Storm 150 DLX. With the stock generic carb it was running lean. Since the jets are not standard and use an adapter and the fact that the air mixture screw is buried and facing down with no possibility of adjusting it when it's on the bike and the bike never idled that great... so I bought a Nibbi PE26 which is a 26mm replacement for the 27mm no name stock carb. I swapped it out and it ran MUCH better than with the stock carb. I had checked the plug after running it for a bit and it was quite black with lots of carbon so I leaned it out a bit. I did this three times as I progressively went down in jet size. On the third time I reassembled everything and rode it. When cracking the throttle quickly it would stall or come very close to stalling. Prior to this last jet change it ran great but a little rich. I later found that the intake plastic spacer that fits between the carb and the intake tube of the engine was cracked providing a nice air leak. I replace this spacer and the problem went away. Then out of the blue I was riding aggressively and it was bogging big time when cracking the throttle out of a corner (and everywhere else). So I suspected that maybe the new spacer had a crack in it or there was a leak in the same area. Nope. Although the symptoms were exactly the same as before the fix is not.

I did try going with the same jetting I did before when it ran great...no change.

The stock carb used a pilot jet of 45 and a main of 95 but since this was lean when I installed the Nibbi carb I changed the jetting. The pilot was a 40 and the main was a 110. It did run pretty good but like I said, it was a bit rich with this jetting.

Here's the problem in action.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by Soup-n-sandwich; 09-19-2024 at 09:30 PM. Reason: wording mistake

Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #2

Hi Chris, welcome! Just wanted to know are your valves properly adjusted? Read your post and with my bike the same as yours and totally stock doesn’t have that problem. In fact I just started it a few minutes ago to make sure. It can’t be said enough adjust valves first then go from there! I’m here in North central FL BTW so low elevation like yours. My thoughts…