Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2021, 09:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I know I only saw you and the house once last year, and only you in November 2019, and I rarely, if ever, get out to the Phoenix area, but it is kind of sad seeing you go! I was considering transferring out to Buckeye following the 2019 ride, and more so this past ride, but housing costs are a bit steep out that way compared to Yuma. I guess, with you going, going, and about gone, I have one more reason to NOT move out there, LOL.
There are certainly a handful of things that I'm going to miss, but I could count them on one hand with fingers left over. The rides we used to do certainly make that list, though. But I'll tell you what; if you buy my Hawk for $442,000 I'll throw in an entire house for free!! Find a better deal on a Hawk than that!!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-16-2021, 02:02 PM   #17

You shouldn't have a problem selling it. Houses here don't last long at all on the market and usually sell for over asking price. Many people are leaving CA....but someone always moves in to fill the void. My brand new neighbor a couple of lots down is from New Jersey. Haven't met him yet. Hope he's not a d--k. Ya never know about new neighbors......

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-16-2021, 05:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
You shouldn't have a problem selling it. Houses here don't last long at all on the market and usually sell for over asking price. Many people are leaving CA....but someone always moves in to fill the void. My brand new neighbor a couple of lots down is from New Jersey. Haven't met him yet. Hope he's not a d--k. Ya never know about new neighbors......

Surprisingly, we haven't had nearly as much action on the house as we initially expected. We are asking more than the house would appraise for, but we're right smack in the middle of the price range for all the comparable homes around here. There's only one other house for sale in a 10 mile radius around us, and while it's much cheaper, it's also MUCH smaller. When you calculate out price per square foot, we're really close to the market average. We've only had it on the market for a week and a half, though. Maybe we'll get something this upcoming week.

As for your new neighbor, it's hard to tell with people from Jersey. I've met some people from Jersey that I couldn't wait to invite to the barbeque, and I've met some people from Jersey that I just couldn't wait to barbeque... It's really kind of hit and miss... I've got my fingers crossed you get a good neighbor, though!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-16-2021, 09:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
if you buy my Hawk for $442,000 I'll throw in an entire house for free!! Find a better deal on a Hawk than that!!
That is a great deal...I think?!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-17-2021, 12:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
That is a great deal...I think?!
You've been in my house Culcune, you know it's a pretty awesome pad! It really is a pretty sweet deal, all things being equal. Hell, the garage alone is big enough for you to start that shop you were always talking about! So when should I expect the check for the Hawk with a free house?

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-19-2021, 07:47 PM   #21

Please keep your fingers crossed, everyone! We had a showing today that went very well! We spent a lot of time in the garage talking about all the motorcycles, and they really liked the house! Our agent has talked to their agent and they're looking to see what they can put together for an offer. Hopefully this will be the final chapter and we can cross the house off the list of things that need to get taken care of before the great migration of 2021!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-28-2021, 06:20 AM   #22

UPDATE: The showing that I mentioned previously fell through, but we have since had another couple showings, and the house went under contract for full asking price yesterday! I would like to thank everyone who had their fingers crossed for us! My last day at work is Friday, and then the following week I'll be loading up the truck for the first trip back. My buddy TJ is flying out Saturday the 8th to help with the drive, so I'm getting the BIG (26') Uhaul for the first load. It's going to be an adventure, or so I keep telling myself...

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-18-2021, 06:46 AM   #23

One step closer to being back in Georgia! I have to fly back to Phoenix fort he last load of our stuff this week, but The Missus and The Mutant are here to stay! The closing on the house is scheduled for the 27th of this month, so hopefully everything is going to finish up smoothly for us!
https://www.chinariders.net/attachme...1&d=1621334634
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flight.JPG (95.8 KB, 30 views)

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-18-2021, 08:27 AM   #24

Where are you going in GA? I grew up in Senoia, an hour southwest of Atlanta.

Old 05-19-2021, 07:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Where are you going in GA? I grew up in Senoia, an hour southwest of Atlanta.
Bender, we’ve got some investment properties in Carroll and Haralson counties. We’re moving into one recently vacated property in Carrollton until the housing market is a little less insane. I know right where Senoia is, and we can’t wait to get to the Renaissance Festival this year in Fairburn. My mom lives in Douglasville, and my brother and his family live up in Alpharetta. Think you’ll be heading back that way anytime soon? Plenty of good two-wheeled trouble to get into in that part of the world.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-20-2021, 08:21 PM   #26

I finished up my schooling at West Ga college. My last year was the first year they fielded a football team.
- It wasn't long before they went to the Alonzo W. Stag Bowl in bustling Phenix City, AL, to play for the division 3 title. Big stuff.

Old Today, 06:23 AM   #27

I remember the late-night discussions and constant back-and-forth with our realtor, trying to decide which offer to accept. Eventually, we went with a buyer who was not only offering above asking price but also had a solid financial backing, which made the closing process smoother.