Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2024, 05:54 AM   #1

Tank 200 EFI rough running rough no Idle

Tank 200 EFI 3 weeks in.
Here we go, I've been warned before. They say Chinese scooters are all about tinkering and not riding.

First the good. It starts. Well...
If you do not rev the engine, the engine will stop after 5-10 seconds. When you rev ​​the engine, the engine revs very poorly, has no power and the tachometer dances all over the rev range.
As far as I know, EFI engines (from automotive systems) it could be simply the spark plug.
I renewed the sparkplug with an NGK. Unfortunately, the situation has not improved.
Well, it could also be due to the airflow.
It could be the airflow sensor.
It could be that the oxygen sensor or injector is not working properly.
It could be the CDI.
Heck, it could be every piece of electrical equipment in there that there is......
Hmmm. Support for the 161qwk EFI engine is not available. There are no spare parts for the 161qwk engine to buy anywhere.
In the end, you can say. You get what you pay for.
I warn anyone who buys such a scooter. If you don't have a full workshop with a full repair team behind you, stay away, save money, and buy yourself a real scooter. Especially hands-off from this 161qwk EFI Motors. No one really knows what is going on with them. You could end up replacing part by part until that thing is running again. No support, all is a guessing game that could cost you a fortune to bring that scooter back to life.
At some point, my scooter will run again and then I will sell it very quickly before something else comes along that needs to be figured out (without support) and repaired. I hope I got enough for a BBQ with the wife out of it.
It's a shame, but the Tank is a really good concept, but without support, without parts lists, and without spare parts, the thing is just scrap.
Rant off

Old 10-23-2024, 07:30 AM   #2

Not a good idea to buy a Chinese bike unless you're willing and able to do all repairs and maintenance yourself. If it's one of the Vitacci Tanks, parts should be easy to get. Text 857-703-6009 for parts, send vin, pic of part, description of part, pic of scooter,

Old 10-23-2024, 08:19 AM   #3

You want an insanely low priced dual sport, adventure touring, pit bike, ATV or scooter, you have to be the mechanic. It is simply the price of admission. I sympathize, and I have always stuck with carbed models, until now. I am taking a big risk, but will probably learn in the process.

We all know there is no support, so we all come here for help.

Last edited by Thumper; 10-23-2024 at 02:56 PM.

Old 10-23-2024, 09:22 AM   #4

As a mechanic the first thing I would do is check all the electrical connectors to see if they're fully pushed together. Then I would check the pins in the connectors to see if one is bent or pushed out of place. Then I would check the fuel pressure.

Old 10-23-2024, 11:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Not a good idea to buy a Chinese bike unless you're willing and able to do all repairs and maintenance yourself. If it's one of the Vitacci Tanks, parts should be easy to get. Text 857-703-6009 for parts, send vin, pic of part, description of part, pic of scooter,
Surely you're right. But do you know how difficult it is to find wiring and electronic problems? Checking and testing all connections, measuring all components.
For months I did nothing else but follow the cables and measure things on my KIA Sportage. The difference? Well, there was data available to measure it. There were power line plans and there was an OBD port which at least showed in advance what was is not problematic.

And again I thank you for your help. I will definitely call or text there.

I have read my purchase contract again. I have a 6-month warranty on the scooter. Let's see what 360Powersport in Arlington TX has to say about it after all I bought the scooter assembled and tested there.
BTW, the rear tire was completely messed up. The Tire was incompletely mounted on the rim and took while riding the scooter damage. I ordered already a new one (KENDA) that is not a problem.

I will post their answer.

Last edited by Picollo; 10-24-2024 at 06:43 PM.

Old 10-23-2024, 11:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
You want an insanely low priced dual sport, adventure touring, pit bike, ATV or scooter, you have to be the mechanic. It is simply the price of admission. We love it!
Are you kidding?
Der Scooter was never cheap. I bought the scooter assembled tested and picked it up myself in Arlington TX (360PowerSport).
I could have gotten a PIAGIO Liberty 150 for about $750.00 more. But with a 3 year guarantee. I chose the Vitacci Tank because of the design and not because of the purchase price.
I was aware that I here and there have to work on it, but electronic problems are never easy and a whole different ball game.
Quote:
We all know there is no support, so we all come here for help.
And I really appreciate it. Thank you all.

Old 10-23-2024, 11:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
As a mechanic the first thing I would do is check all the electrical connectors to see if they're fully pushed together. Then I would check the pins in the connectors to see if one is bent or pushed out of place. Then I would check the fuel pressure.
Good idea.
But first I want to see what 360PowerSport has to say about it. It could be that they honor the guarantee.

Old 10-23-2024, 03:01 PM   #8

If it is not too much trouble, you should bring it back to the place in person, and let them handle it. Place the ball in their court.

Once you've paid that assembly charge, at least you have their warantee.

Old 10-24-2024, 10:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
If it is not too much trouble, you should bring it back to the place in person, and let them handle it. Place the ball in their court.
Once you've paid that assembly charge, at least you have their warantee.
That's exactly what I'm going to do. I just had to go to the office yesterday to get the purchase contract. The warranty states that I have a 1-year engine and transmission parts guarantee. Now I'm very curious what they'll tell me when I call later.
I keep you guys posted.

Old 10-24-2024, 12:14 PM   #10

I Talked to the Service Center 360PowerSports

I just got off the phone with 360 TexasPowersport (Alex). I was very surprised. Everything went without much explanation.
He immediately and without further ado told me to take the scooter to the service center (360Powersport Texas 3201 E Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington TX). This is about 115 miles away from my home.
I want to see how this goes.
But I can't take the scooter to the service center until Sunday or Monday because the wife has the car with the trailer hitch and doesn't come back from a business trip until Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Last edited by Picollo; 10-24-2024 at 07:08 PM.