Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 12:23 AM   #1

Bought a " new" 2006 Japanese bike.

I was looking at Facebook marketplace out of boredom, and a low mile, KLR650 showed up, it was just a few miles from me, and I bought it on a whim, mainly because it came fully loaded with evidently, expensive ( when new)accessories. I got it for $2,900, and got it licensed the next day. I've been riding it a lot because it's new to me. It's really torquey, and doesn't run very high RPM at speed. I've had it in gravel, and some very light mud, and it takes a bump good. I will probably keep both my other bikes. The Hawk is worth more to me than I could get for it, and I still enjo. y it a lot. I would sell the KPX, but I don't want to take the beating on what I have in it, after tax, and title, and what I could actually get for it. Any way I figured I would mention the new bike. I'm going to try linking the marketplace ad, and a video I made on it. I took off at least 50 lbs of bags, and suit cases from the bike, because I don't need them on it right now.https://www.facebook.com/share/S5TzP...ibextid=kL3p88

Last edited by Bill Hilly; Today at 12:25 AM. Reason: Add video

Old Today, 03:09 AM   #2

Nice find! Really nice.

Old Today, 09:18 AM   #3

That's a hell of a deal. I'm pissed because I looked at one a few months back and the sales person gave me a sheet with the price and I threw it away like 3 days ago. I want to say it was around $5K, but slightly newer. The power difference between the KLR650 and these China bikes has got to be astounding! lol

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old Today, 09:27 AM   #4

with all those extras, it's very well set up. It's really ready for some serious travel. Wanna do the TAT with me?

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old Today, 09:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
That's a hell of a deal. I'm pissed because I looked at one a few months back and the sales person gave me a sheet with the price and I threw it away like 3 days ago. I want to say it was around $5K, but slightly newer. The power difference between the KLR650 and these China bikes has got to be astounding! lol
There is a good bit of power difference, but it's not crazy quick on acceleration, but it is very torquey, and has plenty of usable power. It runs just a frog's hair less than 4,000 rpm at 60mph. I had a Suzuki Savage a few years ago, and it was like that, but I
didn't care for the Savage. I really like the KLR, but for my needs, I could have got by with what I already had.

Old Today, 09:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
with all those extras, it's very well set up. It's really ready for some serious travel. Wanna do the TAT with me?
I may decide to do a little traveling one day. There's one of those famous ,cross country trails that has it's official starting point in Ripley WV. I have watched some YouTube videos of people running on it, and recognize a lot of it, and have some of it on my videos. I don't know exactly how it all runs, but the Jackson County WV part is not very exciting. This bike I bought was actually set up ( supposedly) ,for a trip to visit Alaska, but it never happened.