Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 07:00 AM   #1

Air Filter Recommendations?

It's a "sight unseen" situation, but I can take some educated guess on what my new bike will come with stock. It's the Italica Bulldog 150, basically a GY6 scooter in "mini moto" form (i.e. a Honda Navi clone).

It will presumably have a side-mounted box with a big foam air filter in it, and one of my early mods will be tearing off that air box, throwing it in my spare parts bin, and going with a "performance" filter right off the intake.

My first thought is just to pay the extra money for a K&N -- I expect to ride this bike a lot, for a long time, so why scrimp? -- but I suspect a lot of people here have opinions, and I'm interested in those opinions.

Old Today, 07:11 AM   #2

Can't go wrong with K&N. I been using the Nibbi filters, first with the stock carb, then with the Nibbi carb. They seem to work fine as long as you keep 'em clean and oil 'em. I say grab 2 so you can have one clean and ready to install for a quick swap.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin