Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2024, 03:14 PM   #1

Yeah, I wrote that comment before I bought a CFMoto bike.
But CFMoto has some serious problems as well.
Their 700 CL-X was released somewhere around 2019, and came into the US market around 2021; and is already discontinued for 2025.

Parts for CFMoto can take 6 months before they arrive.

Many CFMoto models have been found with water inside the frame tubes, rusting out the tubes.

Reliability of the parts is another big question mark.

All their bikes are fuel injected, and all of them have jerky throttle issues between idle and acceleration. You won't really notice it on the 300, because it doesn't have sufficient power, and on the 450 it's noticeably not smooth, but not too jerky.
The issues seem to arise with the 650, and 700cc models and possibly 800 models as well.
Getting a flash done can take care of the issue, so does apparently turning on the bike without starting it, and roll on and off the throttle before starting (6-8 seconds for a full roll on, and a full roll off). Not sure how it fixes it, I haven't done it yet.

And lastly, the chain they use on their 450 series bikes, is a non-standardized chain.
Meaning, it has a pitch between a 428 and a 520 chain.
You can do a 520 chain and sprocket swap, however, the front sprockets fit loosely on the shaft, not tight.

JTSprockets does make (I believe 13 or) 14-18tooth front sprockets, and a 38, 41, and 43 rear sprocket ring.
That will allow you plenty of gearing combinations, however, once the chain is done for, it'll be hard to find a fitting replacement.

So basically between 5 to 10k miles, you'll need a new chain, which will cost a good 6 months at the 'stealer'-ship.

Oh, and another thing,
CFMoto 450 bikes can be gotten for $4500 new, vs $5-6k for similar bikes of other brands.
However after all the dealerfees, both bikes cost about the same (in the $7k range).
So in a way, the dealerships are ripping people off. Charging $800 for just mounting the bike from the crate. I can do it at home,