Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2024, 11:09 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
You can title and register it. Someone else may run into the same issue I did ("skipped assignment").

Title bureau sent me to get a declaratory judgement from my local County court because the MCO was NOT in my name. I did have a dealership contract in my name, but the MCO was not.

The SAME will probably apply if the bill of sale is not in the buyer's name. It will be considered a skipped assignment (taxes NOT collected when YOU bought it). If you sell it, you cannot re-assign on the MCO. You have NO TITLE in your name to transfer the title (you don't have one). So if you do not re-assign (you say there is no name on the MCO), then the bill of sale (IN YOUR NAME) will cause a problem for the buyer.

In most States, if you have the MCO, a bill of sale, and the Bill of Sale has your name on it, they will title it. If your buyer is lucky, you can print a generic bill of sale, fill that out, and that will work. Good luck!
There's got to be a loophole somewhere.
Many people buy bikes, and never register them. Use them to off-road on.