Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #1

WTF Venom x22, 125cc, DF125RTS, issues and fixes

I am going to toss in this information that I know for future readers...

Issue 1: Bike will cut off at random.
Cause: The kill switch near the throttle is "opening" evening it is in the run position. I suspect that a bump in the road is jarring it and causing it to close. This left me stranded for about 20 minutes one.

Tech: The stator sends a signal to the CDI (ignition) which then sends a signal to the coil, then on to the spark. The kill switch is inline between the CDI and the coil. the CDI output is yellow and black. the coil input is red w/ white. Thee meet under the seat in a connector. Love some hidden color changes!

Solution: At This connector under than seat, I pulled out those two wires and connected them together which mean I bypassed the kill switch. to turn the engine off, you have to turn the key to the left. Like a car, lawnmower, most any other engine driven thing that takes a key.

Issue 2: Gas tank venting leads to raw fuel in evaporator charcoal canister or a vacuum build up in tank

Cause: There is an inline valve between the fuel tank and the charcoal canister that is very picky about its orientation. It can often close and not allow the tank to vent fumes/air in or out. also there is a direct gravity direction for raw fuel to go into the charcoal canister.

Solution:
I deleted the inline valve. I replace it with a Y fitting. Orientation of this install matters. the top of left port of the Y goes to the tank vent (tank front tube), the top right of the port goes to the charcoal canister, the bottom port is a new hose that you run to the bottom.
In order to prevent the raw fuel from dripping onto the ground, I installed a fuel shut off valve to see how much fuel accumulated. I had two drops after driving with a half full tank.
There is a port on the right side of the carb' that pulls area through the charcoal canister. remove that and plug that port.

Side note: The gas tank has a 2nd tube on the side. It's the rear one. It is connected to the filler area. If you over fill your tank, or drip fuel in that area it drains to this tube. Which would dump it right onto your fairing and engine. I ran a tube out of this down to the bottom as well

I'll update more as I think about it.

Another issue is the idle adjustment on the throttle cable up near the handle bar does nothing. would be nice to adjust cold weather idle without having to get to the carb. this fairings cover up everything and are a pain to take off. I just took off the left side.