Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
less than $6800 US. that's a good price!

Considering taxes and the 1 year ride way...It's incredible value.

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Ah, this is the China spectacle bike. This is THEE one to gauge how much people are willing to spend on a China bike. This bike is not shipped in a crate to your house, is it? This bike is ONLY being sold thru dealerships, right? I think it might be a little too soon for China to make this move because at that price, I'm looking at Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, anything OTHER than a China bike.

Well, the truth is I ain't even looking 'cause I can't afford that and not being eligible for a loan makes it impossible.

The Australian Dealership pretty much confirmed they cannot keep up with the demand...The Bike is out selling major brands.

I didn't have loan access or a major deposit saved up either...

All it took me was $250 to get me on the hook and less than $50 per week on finance...Granted the interest rate will be drink spurting, but Pretty sure I could make additional payments along the way when funds allow it.

I came to realize my XL185/CG250 just isn't worth registering for the road, not enough bike for the fees...

It was a good learning experience...

Old Today, 12:22 AM   #33

You make a compelling argument. By going to dealerships, payment plans can be worked out. Of course they get you on interest, but that's the way the game is rigged. Interesting.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old Today, 01:38 AM   #34

10% for the Big Guy

Old Today, 02:22 AM   #35

I just looked at used honda CB500X as a possible alternative comparison...

Depending on year and mileage you're spending about as much or more for a 23/24 model with low miles...With a bike that you could argue might not be as good...you have to go back to 10year old models to make a considerable saving.

As mentioned before I've done the whole used banger motoring for many years now I'm heading towards 44 and its about time I spoil myself and double down on a mid life crisis...

With the way the economy is going who knows how much things will cost a year or few from now....

The thing is though It would take me a couple of years to save up the funds for an upfront purchase...So financing was the only real option to replace my current bike before it needs re-registration, which I'd rather put the $ towards new wheels...

Old Today, 09:59 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Ah, this is the China spectacle bike. This is THEE one to gauge how much people are willing to spend on a China bike. This bike is not shipped in a crate to your house, is it? This bike is ONLY being sold thru dealerships, right? I think it might be a little too soon for China to make this move because at that price, I'm looking at Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, anything OTHER than a China bike.

Well, the truth is I ain't even looking 'cause I can't afford that and not being eligible for a loan makes it impossible.
We have a CFMoto dealer about 10 miles from me. Not sure how widespread their network is, but close for me. They've been selling other models for a couple years now, including the 800 IBEX. Not sure what their prices are, but the 800 is more than I want. The 450 is comparable size and weight wise with my KLR. Pricing about the same as well (based on above assumption). for that same price I would get a twin with all the modern features. the KLR, other than being fuel injected, is still a dinosaur.

the only other thing that comes to mind to me would be CSC's 450 but I don't think they are still selling them. And definitely no dealer network for them. Then, of course, there's the Himalayan. From comparison videos so far, people seem to favor the SFMoto, although it seems like either you picked would do fine. Both the CF and the RE are due to hit the US around the same time.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old Today, 12:37 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
10% for the Big Guy
L--O--freakin' L!

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin