Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 12:05 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatondirt View Post
I guess that's fair, but it's a tough price tag to swallow.
That said, I do tend to ride and drive everything until it's a pile of dust. My cars from the mid 00's can attest to that.

It seems like you're steering me away from the Chinabike option at all, and there could be a good reason for that if I plan to keep it long-term. I guess my next question is: If the dealers premium is just the lick I have to take, should I upgrade a bit more then so it's at least worth the premium? 5K Gets a KLX 230.
Are you the type of person to change your own oil or take it to a Jiffy Lube? I'm guessing you're a Jiffy Lube kinda guy. If that's the case, go to a dealership and whenever your bike needs service, you take it to the dealership and let them handle it. All you have to worry about is filling it with gas and riding it. Of course, you'll have to pay the price for that.

BUT, there is good news. A Jiffy Lube kinda person can become an "I change my own damn oil" kinda person. It's not hard!

Motorcycles, no matter who makes them or what kinda materials they're made out of, NEED CONSTANT ATTENTION. It is the nature of the beast. These things vibrate and rattle themselves loose. The air pressure in the tires is something you need to check like EVERY time you ride it. You should at least take a peak at the site glass to check the oil. Tuning a carburetor can be learned and EFI is coming along nicely with the China bikes.

Not sure what you need to hear that hasn't been covered. Make up your damn mind and buy something. RIDE SAFE!

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin