Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 03:56 AM   #1

New from western Michigan with a 2021 crp250

Hello. I just picked up a 2021 bms crp250 in March this year. This forum was a helping factor in my decision to get a China bike. I got my bike with a little under 1000 miles and the odometer hit over 5000 before it stopped working after I changed the front tire but I'm close to 6000 now. It's been a great bike that's reliable. I've have done a few upgrades to it, aftermarket exhaust, nibble ignition, iridium ngk plug, chain and gearing( 17/40), shinko 705 tires and just purchased a set of saddle bags. I would like to do the big bore or even a 300cc with 6 speed engine swap one day also but only.when and if the motor dies. The only.issue I have really had is with the chain tension. The stock one seem light weight, is there a good upgrade for them? With that really being my only issue so far I am impressed with the bike. It's been a great beginner bike, I've rode off road for years but this is my first time riding on the road as much. I used it to get my endorsement and it's helped.me to learn more about maintaining and upkeep. I have basic mechanical skills but I've learned more since doing thing like the valves. I can't wait to see how far this thing makes it, here to hopefully a long life ahead. I plan I getting a rode bike next year but think I wall always keep the 250. If there's any advice for a new owner, please send it my way. I want to learn as much as possible about these bikes and motorcycles in general. Thanks